Chapter 6

(Sometime Later: Tam-Borr Emergency Fleet, Intergalactic Space)

" So, what's gonna be now? " Gamora asked while sitting on the bench and looking at the stars from the window pane.

Peter Quill leaned on the wall and putting his hands on the jacket. He was thinking of what he could answer to his green-skinned girlfriend. His mind was drifting around the Infinity Stones and the Mad Titan which they were being talked about. Gamora looked concern at her boyfriend as she never expected him to be silent.

" Peter? Hey! " she called his attention. " Are you with me? "

" I didn't know how complicated it is. You know how these people lost their planet and that doomsday..."

" I know how hard it is to fathom. "

" If there's gotta be a way to make the future into normal. Like you know? "

" The stones and those people. They will give us hope. We need to find them. "

" But what if they're just made-up, like fairy tales or legends? "

" I don't know. If we can find them, we can ask for help. "

Gamora leaned on her boyfriend's shoulders and found comfort on him. Quill held her left rough hands and sighed while they were looking on the wide dark blanket of space with stars and galaxies floating and dancing around. The future seemed questionable and mysterious as they were thinking of. Suddenly, they were being interrupted when Mantis approached them. The couple curiously turned to her.

" I'm sorry for bothering you, " the insect lady in green called them. " Rocket is getting crazy at the hallway. He's fighting Drax. "

" Wait, what? " Quill raised his voice.

" Peter, let's go, " his girlfriend replied.

The three headed to the hallway as the Kree people got surprised and terrified at the two dueling beings. Quill widened his eyes and turned around. The small furry being was chomping at the giant's arm when Drax yelled in pain. Gamora turned to her boyfriend as he nodded.

" Hey! Hey! Rocket! " he cried and grabbed the creature away. " Stop it! "

" This is just my vengeance! " Rocket replied and angrily gritted his teeth. " I'm the rightful owner of the cash price! "

" He started it! " Drax pointed at his friend turned foe. " I was just ignoring him, but he bit me on my arm! "

" Just cut it out, okay?! " Quill furiously exclaimed. " You're getting into my nerves, Rocket! "

" Quill...I..."

" I'm gonna take you out of the team whether you like it or not! "

The talking raccoon remained silent as he couldn't compose any words from his thoughts. The harsh warning from his colleague had snapped out of him. Drax and the others looked at the being. The Kree people turned away and sighed. The others got disappointed to see a group of misfits turned heroes became angry and stubborn warfreaks.

" Guys, this is embarrassing, " Mantis sadly sighed.

" I think we should go..." Gamora added.

Then suddenly, a loud thud was heard outside the ship as the passengers and crew got alarmed. Quill and his team turned around in seeing what was happening. Hearing the intercom voice, Captain Roh Norison's voice echoed all over the place. Everyone paid attention as Drax and Quill ceased fighting.