Chapter 26

(Installation 00 around the Galactic Center.)

The Covenant fleets roamed around the area and continued guarding a very sacred object. A group of UNSC spacecrafts along with the Elites (Sangheili) joined along with them. The bright flashes and streaks of light rushed around the skies and exploded the enemy fleets. The exchanges of violent strikes were seen from the other fleets along with the Ceres Galliot.

Looking below, Peter Quill and his crewmates overheard the transmission from the UNSC and turned to his teammates. Chris-77, Tengfei, Drax, Rocket Raccoon, Mantis, Anna-26, and Gamora understood what they listened. Groot was out of commission since he was still under observation by the UNSC medical staff. R'tas Vadum rejoined with the Arbiter and some remaining Sangheili. Colonel Amnon-Selah led the other troops of the UNSC, like Sgt. Johnson on the other hand.

" You know what to do guys, " Quill said to his teammates. " We're gonna do some scouting job along with the other people, here. "

" The Ark, Right, " Chris-77 nodded.

" So, why do the Covenant need to activate that thing? " Rocket asked.

" Like we have heard from R'tas, it gives the signal for the Halo rings to destroy every Flood colony in the entire galaxy, " Anna-26 explained. " Perhaps, they might use it to eliminate humans too. "

" So, is there a ring in that place? " Drax also queried.

" That we need to find out, " Quill answered and turned to Tengfei. " Now, can we make a safe landing? "

" Hmmmm, let's see..." the Kree Voidwalker scanned the possible landing site using his computer.

Just below the Ceres Galliot, Installation 00 resembled a massive wheel with a series of eight curved arms retreating from its centre, similar to a sea star and bearing similarities to a sun. The Ark Core was the stripped remnant of a material-rich planetoid, asteroid, or other celestial body used for the construction of the Halos, which the Ark constructed. The entire upper surface was terraformed and has a multitude of environments, with oceans, forests and even a large desert. It was not a planet, but an Earth-like place.

Just behind them, some of the Covenant mini fleets had bombarded the Ceres Galliot. The Guardians grimaced and turned around when they felt the enemies were attacking at them once again.

" Cheese! What now! " Quill raised his voice.

" We need to make a landing, stat! " Tengfei answered and patched an audio transmission.

" Ceres Galliot, this is Johnson, " a male voice echoed. " We'll take care of it, you guys go first before we arrive to scout around the ark! "

" Copy that, Sarge! "

The Ceres Galliot had speed-up in descending to the faux-Earth environment in a matter of minutes. With them, there were some air fleets of the Human and Sangheili forces bombarding the other Covenant ships on the ground. Tengfei and Quill navigated their way to an island like area and carefully landed their ship. Everyone left their seats and when the hatch was opened. The team had headed off to scout the area and looked for some people guarding the area. Anna-26 sensed more people coming to scout the place as she saw more Human and Sangheili forces landing the entire area.

" Anna? " Mantis called the Kree-Spartan IV's name. " You seem so quiet. "

" Nothing, " she spoke. " It's just I'm sensing more people will be involved in the scouting mission. "

" More like we're gonna stop the Covenant in activating the Ark, " Chris-77 spoke.

" So, before we get into hindering the guards business, what's next? " Drax asked.