Chapter 8

(26th Century: Quezon, Planet Reach, Epsilon Eridani System)

Moments later, Peter Quill remained alone in the room, sitting on the chair. He kept thinking of what the Spartan-IIs had mentioned earlier. The vivid imagery of his planet got permanently destroyed, leaving with floating rocks orbiting in the Solar System space. Quill wanted to remove that memory, however he and his team needed to confront this possible problem.

Looking at the window, he just saw people roaming around the street and deeply thought of them. The heavily sighed and put his both hands in his pockets.

" So, this is the reason why they left Earth into a new home, " Quill sadly thought. " Is there a way to deal and change the timeline? "

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door as the Terran turned around. The door automatically opened as the dark-haired Spartan-II appeared and entered into the room.

" What now? " Quill exasperatedly asked and sighed. " Don't tell me, you're gonna warn me about more bad luck these days. "

" I'm so sorry for letting you know about that fate, " Chris humbly spoke. " You deserve the truth. "

" TRUTH?! I DON'T THINK SO! I'M SEEING A DISASTER! I CAN'T STAND IT! "

" Please calm down... Peter, I understood how upset you are, but..."

" Chris, I got abducted when I was kid after my mom died. Secondly, I spent my younger years in space, dealing with some aliens and bad guys. Thirdly, my father was a freak of nature which I almost got killed my life! Now, I lost my childhood best friend whom I considered as my real father. "

Chris remained silent and let the time-traveller rant. He recalled his early Spartan training years when he struggled and focused himself to be a warrior. Chris composed his thoughts before speaking up. Quill waited for his response.

" You know, I understood of your experience, " he said. " I have gone through with this special training which it made me like this. I never saw my father, but I rarely met my mother. Just like you, I also fought the bad guys and defended the remaining human race. "

" Really? "

" Yeah. We need to fight back, no matter what. We're both fighters, we won't allow anyone to hinder our goal. "

" I guess you're right, " Quill heavily sighed and leaned his back on the wall. " We may be struggling from the past, but we have the right to change our future. "

" Glad to hear that. "

" But question, how should I start with this fixing the timeline or something? "

  " Well, I do know someone who could help your quest in the future, " Chris answered. " She is a Forerunner, knows everything. "

" Eh..." Quill curiously prolonged his tone like a clueless child which he got unfamiliar with the name. He scratched his head and asked. " What is a Forerunner? "

" How can I explain this? Oh, yeah! They look like humans, but they live some thousand years. "

" Woah! No way! How come?! "

" Pretty awesome and unbelievable, right?! " the dark-haired Spartan-II chuckled and continued. " Well, they're highly intelligent as they created every defense systems and relics all over the galaxy. They believe humans are the successors of their creations. "

" Did you know one of them? "

" I do know someone from the Forerunners who can give the right information. "

" Who? " Quill curiously asked as he got eager to know the answer.  

  " The Librarian..." 

  " Are you kidding me?! " 

" No, I am serious. "

The red-headed human snorted and loudly laughed as he found it hilarious. Chris heavily sighed and facepalmed. It took a long time to cease his laughter as Cortana heard the time-traveller.

" Cortana, what's so funny about I said? " he asked.

" Your friend from the past thinks it's someone from the library who takes custody of the old records which your ancestors called "books", " the female AI answered.

" So, Peter takes it literally, right? "

" You may say that. "

" Oh...oh...." Quill turned to Spartan-II and said. " I'm so sorry for laughing at your answer earlier, but are you sure you're taking me to the library and see that guy? "