My Bride

" Zane. "

   " I've finally found you. "

   " Let me go. "

   " Not now and not ever. Now, let's go home before this war starts getting even more vicious. "

He pulled me up but a sword appeared on his neck. I looked behind him to see Garroth standing behind him and holding the sword.

   " Let go of her now brother. "

   " As you wish. "

Zane let go of my arm and I stepped away from him. Garroth rotated in front of Zane and in front of me. His sword was still pointed at Zane's neck. They both glared at each other but it was still. It was like the war going on didn't affect us at all. 

   " Baby brother you need to stop this. "

   " I won't not until I get my bride. "

   " She is not your bride! "

   " Oh? Then why is the wedding a few days from now already planned? Hmm? Face it Garroth it's over and she is now mine. "

I watched as Garroth started to shake. His face was red from anger and I was afraid he would go into a blind rage. Garroth only pointed his sword at Zane and when Zane tried to take a step towards me Garroth started swinging his sword. Zane started defending himself and I got my bow ready to shoot the guards that came near us. I wanted to help Garroth but all I could do was help keep him safe from the other guards. 

   " She isn't your bride Zane! "

   " Really? Then tell me who could she possibly be-"

   " She's my bride, not yours! "

Their swords separated and Zane looked my way. I saw where his eyes were looking. They were looking at the ring on my left hand. Exactly on the finger for marriage.

( Flashback )

   " Laurence where are you taking me? "

   " You know if I have my hands over your eyes and I'm taking you somewhere I think that means you won't find out until you get there. "

   " True, but you could tell me while we walk. "

   " Why would I when we're there? "

He took his hands off my eyes and I saw we were at the hill leading to the Irene statue. I looked up at the statue and saw Garroth standing in front of the statue smiling down at me. Laurence patted my shoulder and ran off. I walked up the hill and met Garroth at the top by the statue. When I finally made it up to the statue I looked out at the scenery and saw that the sun was shining its rays on us from its setting. 

   " What's going on Garroth? "

   " I just wanted to meet you here and I wanted to ask you a very important question. "

   " Alright, what is it? "

I watched as Garroth got down on one knee and I knew exactly what he was doing. I felt my mouth start to form a smile as I stared at Garroth. He took my left hand and held up a ring to me. 

   " Will you marry me Y/n? "

   " Garroth..."

I put my free hand up to my mouth and tried to hold in any tears that were in my eyes. I nodded my head and he smiled at me. He slipped the ring on my finger. I brought my hand up closer to see the ring. Garroth stood up and picked me up. He twirled me around and then set me on my feet. 

   " Yes. " I whispered to him.

He connected our lips in a passionate and sweet kiss. He pulled his lips off of mine and set his forehead on mine. 

   " Thank you, Y/n. I love you so much. "

   " I love you too Garroth. "

( Flashback Over ) 

Zane stared at my ring. I could see his eyes waver before they connected with mine. Then I watched as his eyes developed a red tint in them. He turned toward Garroth and raised his sword.

   " I don't accept this! "

He threw his sword down at Garroth and Garroth deflected it. I continued to shoot arrows at the guards coming to help Zane. Zane was in a rage and he was fighting Garroth with all of his strength. He was getting tired because his swings were getting sloppy. Garroth swung once more and it struck Zane in the stomach. Zane stayed still. He only looked down at the door before pulling it out of his stomach. Garroth whispered a few words that only Zane could hear. Then Zane fell to the ground, letting his blood soak the gravel pathway. In only a few moments Zane's eyes became dull and I knew he was gone. Garroth dropped his sword and collapsed on his knees. I could see tears streaming down his face and his eyes were glazed. I dropped my pointed arrow and put it back in my waist bag of others. I ran to Garroth and sat on the ground beside him.

   " Garroth... "

   " It had to be done. " He kept saying over and over again.

I rubbed his back and comforted him. Zane was evil but he was still Garroth's baby brother. I comforted Garroth as he cried into my shoulder.