Laurence Already Did

We started walking to a small hill and we started climbing the hill. Laurence helped me as we were climbing the hill. When we reached the top I said thank you and we walked to the house. It was damaged badly but it still looked like it was able to be rebuilt. It was still salvageable. The doors were gone so we walked into the torn house. It looked like it used to be a kitchen.

   " Stay here. I'll go get her. "

   " Okay. "

   " Don't miss me too much. "

I rolled my eyes as he walked away and down a set of stairs. When he came back up two people were with him. One was a girl who wore a purple dress, with black hair, and orange eyes. The other guy had light blonde hair, with bright blue eyes. He was wearing a chain mail guards suit. He held a diamond sword in his hand and looked at me. His gaze held caution and he stayed close to the woman.

   " Did you miss me? " Laurence responded.

   " Who are you again? "

   " The man of your dreams. "

   " Are you sure? I thought you were in my nightmares. "

Laurence laughed and hit my shoulder. I turned back towards the woman and held my hand out for her to shake. She held a soft smile and took my hand and shook it.

   " Hi, I'm Y/n. "

   " Hi, I'm Aphmau. "

   " It's very nice to meet you. "

   " You as well. What can I do for you? "

   " I was wanting to ask if I was able to establish a home here in Phoenix Drop. "

   " Really? "

   " Yes, but I understand that you were attacked not too long ago and you need the housing for people's homes that were destroyed. "

   " You're right. We do need the housing and as much as I would like to have you in the village I don't think we have the room. "

   " I understand. "

   " What if she can build a house? " The blonde suggested.

   " I guess that could work. She could build it at the end of the village with the singular houses. Nevermind anything I said before. You can stay if you can build your own house. "

   " I can. Thank you so much. "

   " Thanks for choosing Phoenix Drop to live. Garroth here will show you where you can build your home and he can show you around. I have to get back to my son. "

   " I understand. Goodbye. "

   " Goodbye. "

Laurence followed her downstairs and the blonde stayed upstairs with me.

   " You must be Garroth. "

   " I am. "

   " Well, it's nice to meet you. "

   " You as well. I'll show you around Phoenix Drop first and then I'll show you where you can build your house. "

   " I'm afraid Laurence has already shown me around. "

   " He has? "

   " Yes, when I first got to the gate he showed me around. "

   " Alright. Have you eaten? "

   " Yes, Laurence provided that too. "

   " Not charmed yet? "

   " Nope. "

   " Good, he'll try to sweep you off your feet. "

   " I'm not an easy girl. "

   " I can tell. Let's leave here and I'll show you where you can build. "

   " Okay. "

We left the house and climbed down the hill. Garroth, like Laurence, helped me get down the hill. We walked along a path and passed by the small library and towards four houses that were meant for a single person each. They were all empty and one of them was a little destroyed. We walked past them and then we stood near the last house in front of an empty spot.

   " You can build your home here. "

   " Okay, how big can I make it? "

   " I would say one floor above ground and then one below.  Enough room for a living room, bedroom, small kitchen, and a bathroom. "

   " Alright. Thank you, Garroth. "

   " If you need anything let me know. I'll be in the mines. "

   " The mines are right by the market right? "

   " Yes, they are. "

   " Okay. Thank you, again. "

   " Anytime. "

Garroth walked away and I looked at the spot I was to build my house. I looked through the bag I had with me and saw only some mining materials and an ax, with some food and money. I brought out what mining materials I had and started making a base.