Meeting the High Priest

It took half a day to travel to finally make it to O'Khasis. The guards questioned me at the gate but they let me through. I found an inn to stay at. O'Khasis was beautiful but the streets were really busy and bustling. I grabbed two sandwiches and a dessert to eat for dinner. I walked around O'Khasis until I found a place to stop and eat. I found a garden that wasn't populated with people. The garden was beautiful, there were flowers everywhere along with a  couple of fountains that were carved with a lot of detail. I sat down on a bench in front of a fountain. I set my food in my lap and started eating my first sandwich.

   ' It is a really beautiful day. If only there weren't so many people around. I could actually enjoy walking around O'Khasis. '

   " Excuse me, but do you mind if I join you? "

I looked up and saw a figure standing close to the bench. He had black hair, pale blue eyes, and pale skin. He wore a black mask with black and white clothes. He had a black cape draped behind him. I couldn't tell what expression he held due to the mask.

   " I don't mind at all. "

I scooted over a little bit and he sat beside me. His perfect posture became bent when he sat down. He leaned his elbows on his knees and held his head in his hands. He sighed like something was wrong or he was stressed. I picked up my other sandwich and handed it to him.

   " Do you want some food? "

   " Sure. "

He took the sandwich from me without a thank you and started eating it. He took his mask off only a little to eat. He took it off of his right ear so his face was still covered but there was an opening on the other side so he could eat. When he finished the sandwich I tore the dessert in half and handed him one half. He accepted my offer and ate the delicious treat. When we were finished it became silent. He put his mask back on and leaned against the fence. I listened to the water falling from the fountain.

   " You aren't from here, are you? " The man said breaking the silence.

   " No, I am from a small village further away. I came here to see the beautiful architecture. I didn't expect the streets to be so bustling though. "

   " So, I'm guessing, this is your first time in O'Khasis? "

   " It is. "

   " How has your stay been so far? "

   " It's been great. The inn I'm staying at is very nice and this garden is beautiful. There are just too many people. "

   " Hence why you live in a small village? "

   " Correct. "

   " I feel the same way you do. There are a lot of people here and there's not a moment where there's calmness in the streets. "

   " Yeah, that's why I cam here to this garden. No one else was here and it was peaceful. "

   " That's why I come here too. It's peaceful. "

   " My name is Y/n. "

   " We never did introduce ourselves now did we? My name is Zane. "

   " It's nice to meet you, Zane. "

   " It's nice to meet you too. Tell me, what village did you come from? "

   " I came from Phoen-"

   " High Priest! "

I saw a man behind Zane run towards us. Zane turned around and faced the man. He stood up when the man breathlessly made it to us.

   " Yes, what is it? "

   " Another village has asked you to be the priest at their wedding. "

   " We will discuss this further inside. I will meet you in my office. "

   " Yes, sir. "

The man ran off disappearing out of the garden. Zane turned towards me and kneeled to me on the bench.

   " I'm afraid it is time for me to go. "

   " Alright. I should also be getting back to the inn. "

You stood up and shook the priest's hand.

   " It was nice to meet you. "

   " It was wonderful to meet you too, Y/n. Perhaps we could meet again soon? "

   " Sure. Your company is nice to have. "

   " Wonderful. I will meet you here at the same time tomorrow. "

   " Alright bye. "

   " Good day. "

We departed from the garden, heading in different directions. What you didn't know was that you just met the man who would change Phoenix Drop and Garroth's future. For the worse, and you didn't know his plans for the future when he would go to Phoenix Drop for a wedding ceremony.