Finally

" Garroth where are we going? "

   " Somewhere private. "

   " Could you let go of my arm? You're squeezing it too tight. "

The pressure on my wrist left and I followed Garroth at my own pace. I had no clue where we were going. I knew we weren't heading towards the beach because we were walking in the opposite direction. We were heading towards the woods. When we entered the woods Garroth slowed his pace and I was able to keep up with him. He didn't say a word as we walked. 

   " Garroth where are we going? "

   " Away from Phoenix Drop for a bit. "

   " But..."

We stopped walking and I bumped into his back. I stepped back and watched Garroth turn around and face me. His face was red and he looked nervous about the situation. I put my hands on Garroth's shoulders to try and calm down but it seemed to only make him even more nervous. 

   " Garroth please tell me what's wrong. "

   " Y/n are you and Laurence...together? "

   " No, we are not. "

I saw him let out a sigh of relief and then he bowed his head. I kept my hands on his shoulders and pulled him closer to me.

   " Can you tell me what is going on Garroth? "

   " W-Well...I guess I s-s-should tell you, n-now. "

He put his arms gently on my waist and pulled me even closer to him. I felt my face get red and my hands hovered over his shoulders. 

   ' He's going to confess, isn't he? '

   " Y/n...I-I like you...a lot a-and I don't want to be friends anymore. I-I want to b-b-be more. "

   " What about Aphmau? I thought you loved her. "

    " I...I see her as a lord and my friend.  love her as a sister and nothing more. I love you, Y/n. "

   " Garroth... "

   " May I...kiss you? "

I slowly nodded my head and he brought my face closer to his. I felt our lips connect and I could feel the nervous air turn into something sweet and calm. I kissed him back and rested my hands on the back of his neck. We continued to kiss for a few more seconds and then, slowly, we pulled away. I gazed into his baby blue eyes and he smiled at me. I smiled back at him and he hugged me. He picked me up and twirled me around and I clung on to him tightly. Then he set me back down on my feet. His smile was contagious and a smile came onto my face as he sat me down.

   " Y/n may I court you? "

   " I think that answer is pretty obvious, Garroth. "

   " I know I just want to hear you say it. "

   " Fine, then. Yes, Garroth Ro'meave you may court me. "

He brought me into a tight hug and pressed my head to his chest. We swayed a little bit as we held each other. It was a romantic and sweet moment. Too romantic to feel the eyes that were watching us from the shadows.