Escaping

I had stayed in the castle of O'Khasis for three days. I took trips to the town every once in a while but I mainly stayed in the castle. I didn't know how to escape. There were guards everywhere and when I requested to go back to Phoenix Drop they wouldn't let me. I talked with Zane a lot and he talked with me about his wedding plans. I was curious to know who his bride was. When I asked to meet her he said that I would at dinner tonight. I was waiting at the dining table when Zane walked into the dining hall. 

   " Where is your lover, Zane? "

   " Y/n that s something I need to talk to you about. "

   " What? "

He took a knee beside me and held my hands as he gazed into my eyes.

   " Y/n, you are the perfect one for me. I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else. Will you marry me? "

   " Zane, I...I have feelings for someone else. I'm sorry I can't marry you. "

His smile left his face and it turned sour.

   " Y/n-"

   " Master Ro'Meave someone is at the door waiting for you. "

   " Thank you. Y/n I'll be right back, please give this more thought and I'll wait for your answer when I get back. "

Zane stood up and left the room and I sat in the dining chair waiting for him to come back. I heard the doors open and shut softly. I kept my eyes on the table and I waited for something to happen. A hand was placed on my shoulder and I looked up. What I saw wasn't Zane, it was Garroth. 

   " Garroth? "

   " Y/n, it's good to see your lovely face after these past three days. I'm sorry for letting Zane take you. "

   " Garroth what are you doing here? "

   " I'm here to get you back to Phoenix Drop. "

   " Who's at the door with Zane?" 

   " Aphmau, she's distracting him. We need to get out of here and quick. She will meet us back in Phoenix Drop. "

   " Alright let's go. "

I stood up and started running with Garroth out of the back entrance to the castle. There was a white horse waiting for the both of us. Garroth helped me on and then he jumped on. We started riding towards Phoenix Drop sneaking around the wall of O'Khasis and we made it to the woods. We continued to ride until we made it to the closest village to stay the night. We found an inn to stay in until the morning sun rose in the sky. Garroth was acting really weird the whole night, he was acting very very gentlemanly and shy. I dismissed it and slept until we awoke in the morning. When it was morning we met up with Aphmau in that same village.

   " Aphmau! "

You two ran to each other and hugged. You held her tight and when you let go a smile was on her lips.

   " Y/n, I'm glad to see you're alright. "

   " It's good to see you. I'm sorry about Alexis, I heard what happened to her. "

   " Molly is having the hardest time with it, seeing her baby girl grow up in a flash. "

   " I bet. Molly must be upset. Garroth I also need to apologize to you for not listening to you about Zane. "

   " It's alright, I'm just glad you're alright. "

I hugged Garroth and we all started making our way towards Phoenix Drop. The sun was shining brightly and it kept me warm as we rode to the gates. We rode into town and I got off of the horse. I noticed diamonds were all around the market place and they were all around the house that sat at the base of the mountain. I also noticed there was a Lady Irene statue sitting in the middle of the plaza.

   " Y/n, Garroth I'll go put the horses up. "

   " Thank you, Lady Aphmau. "

   " Thanks, Aph. "

We walked to the market and I looked around at all the people who were mining the diamonds. I took notice of Laurence who was helping them mine the diamonds. I knew it was him because I recognized his dark blue jacket and his short brown hair.

   " Laurence! " I shouted.

He stood up and set his pickax down. I was shocked when he turned to me and I noticed his eyes. They weren't white anymore they were now baby blue. He smiled at me and he started walking towards me, opening his arms up for a hug.

   " Y/n, it's so good to finally see you! "

He pulled you into a warm and tight hug. You hugged him back, tightly.

   " You can see? What happened to your eyes? "

   " Do you like the baby blue color? "

   " It's a beautiful color, Laurence, but how are you able to see? "

   " Lady Aphmau had put an Irene statue here in the plaza and it turned all of this nether rack into diamond and it also blessed me with my vision. When I opened my eyes and I was able to see again I was so happy to see Aphmau and Garroth. When I asked where you were they told me that Zane took you. I wanted to help Garroth get you out of O'Khasis but they needed me here to help mine up the diamond. "

   " It's okay, Laurence I understand. "

He continued to hug you for a long time. You were happy to hug him in the warm sunlight. Garroth watched the small happy reunion, while jealousy crept up his neck.