His Reaction

" Garroth? "

   " ... "

   " Garroth I need you to come out okay? "

I knocked on his door once more and he finally opened the door. He was in casual clothes and his hair was disheveled. He had bags under his eyes and it made my heartache. I grabbed his hands and pulled him out of the room.

   " I have something to show you. "

   " Okay, lead the way. "

I closed his room door in the guard's tower and started pulling him with me. We passed by the jail cells and out of the building. I traveled through the village and towards the woods.

   " Where are we going? "

   " Just follow me. "

I continued to pull him and we appeared in the clearing of the woods where a house sat in the middle with trees standing around the house. It was two stories and it was bigger than the average because there was a medium-sized kitchen, big living room, and 4 bedrooms, upstairs. 

   " Y/n, who's house is this? "

   " It's ours Garroth. It took a week to get this done and furnished, but it was worth it. Now we can live together since we're getting married. "

I saw a small smile appear on his face and he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close.

   " It's wonderful. Did you do this all on your own? "

   " No, a lot of people in the village helped. They knew how sad you were about killing your brother and how guilty you felt. "

   " I'll be sure to thank them all later. Let's go explore the house. "

I nodded and unlocked the door. We walked inside and started exploring. Garroth liked the big kitchen because he wanted to expand his cooking knowledge. I showed him the living room and he commented on how many books there were in the living room. Then I brought him up to the bedrooms. I showed him ours and he really liked the colors of the room. 

   " There's one more room I need to show you, but you have to close your eyes. "

   " Okay. "

I opened the door to one of the rooms and walked him in there slowly. I stood behind him and closed the door. 

   " Open your eyes. "

I watched as he opened his eyes and they traveled around the room. All that was in the room was a rocking chair, a baby changing table, and a cradle meant for a baby. Garroth slowly walked towards the wooden cradle. He trailed his hands on the rims of the cradle and laying in it were a few baby blankets. He turned and looked towards me and his eyes were wide.

   " Y/n..."

   " Gattoth. I'm pregnant with your child. "

He was silent and didn't say anything. He walked towards me and his eyes went to my stomach. His hands held my waist and he trailed his thumbs over my stomach. 

   " I'm going to be a father? " He whispered.

   " Yes, you're going to be a father and I'm going to be the mother of our child. "

I saw tears in Garroth's eyes and his arms held mine and he looked into my eyes.

   " How long are you? "

   " I have 8 months left. We've already passed the 1-month mark. "

   " Y/n..."

A smile decorated his face and he hugged me. He was gentle and I could tell he was worried about squishing me against him.

   " We're going to be parents. "

   " Yes. "

   " You're going to be the mother of my child. "

   " Correct. "

   " We're getting married and having a child. "

   " Yes, how are you doing? "

Suddenly he picked me up and twirled me around. A smile was on his lips and tears were streaming down his face. They were tears of joy and I felt my own small smile on my face. He set me down and gazed into my E/c eyes.

   " I can't wait. "