The joxter x nonbinary reader

A sigh left your defeated lungs, leaning back against one of nature's large oak trees.
The wind blew your clothes around, turning your untucked button up around in a way that reminded you of waking up to sleep-rustled pajamas.
You ruffled it downwards, sighing as the relentless cold made you shiver.

The joxter was your dearest friend, crush and partner in crime.
He was supposed to pick you up from the market about an hour ago, but when he didn't show, you decided in a huff of anger that you were a capable young adult and could walk yourself home.

Now...you were lost in the middle of the forest, as snow slowly started to flutter down from the grey sky.
You sighed another heavy sigh of discontent and frustration, before continuing down the dirt path you had been following for what felt like forever.
You were wearing pants and a thin button up with nothing under it, not the correct clothes for a sudden weather shift.
You were incredibly miffed, but also a bit worried, had something happened to Joxter?

You hoped not, even if you were mad at him.

Another sharp inhale of breath went through you as the cold wind slashed your bare skin and moved under your thin clothes.
A shiver ran up your spine, but this time not of the cold-

Somebody was watching you.

Whipping around, you looked into the slightly shrouded woods on all sides, patting your pants pocket desperately, only to realize with a sense of horror you hadn't a thing on your person.
All you had were clothes, so if you were to be attacked right here and now, you wouldn't stand a chance.
You should've brought a knife like joxter always did.

Standing there made the fear sink deeper into your skin, creating awful goosebumps and a feeling of dreaded anxiety.
you felt breath on the back of your neck as arms wrapped around your waist from behind.

You screamed in surprise and the arms tightened in response, pushing your back snug against the chest of your attacker.
Your nose sniffed the air, eyes scanning the hair-covered arms that were tight around your frame.

Wait-

"Joxter?" The mumrick himself let out a deep chuckle in your ear, feeling you relax and un-tense with a sense of pride,

"Sorry I'm late, got caught up talking to snufkin." You pouted and turned around in his arms, looking up at him while lazily wrapping your arms around his neck, like always,

"I waited for so long and you never showed!" He walked backwards, never letting go of you as he leaned up against a tree,

"I'm Sorry love, how about I make it up to you?" You quirked an eyebrow, confused and suspicious,

"What do you-"  the Joxter connected his lips with yours.
Your lips fit together like two perfect puzzle pieces, having been separated for so long and now it felt so good to be connected.
Your eyes were blown wide, his starring into yours, half lidded and slit like a feral creature, which he was.
Scared of running out of air, you slowly parted your lips from his, stunned as heat reached your cheeks in a way you could feel.

"That apology good enough?" quickly shutting your mouth, you nodded shyly, still a bit stunned as you let yourself lay your head on his chest.
A soft purr emanated from him, it was like a dream come true, he had kissed you!

Joxter had kissed you!

"Does this mean you like me?!" He laughed a raspy sound as you shot up in an excited manner, he was not expecting that reaction,

"You really never picked up on it did you?"
(E/c) eyes widened wider- if that was even possible,

"You- I've liked you for years and you're now only telling me you like me?!" You weren't angry, a bit frazzled, but not angry.
It was his turn to go red, taking your face in his larger hands,

"I guess so.." he connected your lips with his again, and you finally returned it.