Snufkin x male reader pt 2

((Continuation of the previous chapter!))

((WARNING!! This has light violence in it and could be triggering for certain readers, if you are uncomfortable then I would highly advise you to skip this chapter! Thank you!))

The town of closed minded people, the people that sneered and whispered, gossiped and chittered, too coward to do anything.
That was until now, a cloudy day in fall where a woman held an empty fishing pale, the disgusting water once inside of it now splashed against you, soaking into your shawl and dripping into your boots.
Seaweed was tangled into your hair, sludge splashed your face, you choked and gagged as you rubbed it out of your eyes.

She was smiling wickedly as people crowding around rather stared or mocked,

"We've made it clear you aren't welcome here! You're not normal, leave this town and never return!" You stared at her with wide and sad eyes, salty tears building behind your eyelids, threatening to spill over.
You were embarrassed, horrified, humiliated, crushed.
You tried to be nice, tried to be a good person, but all these people did was hate you for things you couldn't control.

There was a silence amongst the crowd, staring at you, observing what your reaction would be.

Would you scream? Would you attack her? Cry? Run away?

You reached up and tugged the seaweed from your hair, letting it drop to the cobblestone road with a wet sound,

"Alright...you've made your point." The woman gave you a smug look, hands on her hips, still clutching the disgusting pale.

You were going to be the bigger person.

You turned on your heel and walked through the opening the crowd created for you, past every store you'd been refused at, every place you'd been gossiped about, the old woman's bakery stand.
You left down the trail you always did, you'd never walk it again, you were okay with that.

The familiar feeling of eyes watching laced your person, you weren't in the mood for this game, you didn't want to do anything right now except cry and scream.
You wouldn't though, you just looked around slowly, scanning the forest silently.

"(Y/n)?" Turning your head upward revealed the mumrick you had fallen in love with, you hadn't confessed yet, but you had a feeling he knew.
He hopped down, landing perfectly next to you, taking your wet face into his warm hands, letting you lean into them and finally cry.

He wrapped you in a tight embrace, not caring about the sludge or fish water that'd definitely get all over him, letting you wrack with sobs against him, giving you much needed comfort.

"What happened love? You're covered in sludge..." you pulled away enough to look down at yourself, you were covered in much more sludge than you realized, disgusting clumps of whatever speckled all over you,

"The town- all I've done is be nice! I didn't want them to accept me! I just wanted respect! I wanted them to respect me enough to leave me be! I haven't done anything but exist and they treat me like a criminal!" You pulled your arms away from the mumrick you loved, curling them around your middle in a desperate attempt to ground yourself, sludge and tears dripping down your face,

"Now I smell like sewage! And look it too! But they couldn't care less because I'm not a person to them!" Snufkin hugged you to him once more, a low rumbling sound emitting from not his chest like a purr, but from his throat like a growl,

"Don't worry love, I'll fix this, I promise." You couldn't bring yourself to ask him what he was to do, you didn't care if he burned that village to the ground.

Well- you cared, you didn't want to see anyone injured.
You just hoped to get the sludge out of your clothes.

It'd been a week sense the incident with the village folk, you hadn't been sense and hoped the old woman understood why you weren't going back.
Snufkin had left your hut that morning, saying he was off to spend time with his friend Moomin, (you'd met him, he was a lovely moomintroll).
What you hadn't expected was to see Snufkin and Moomin walking into your hut a few hours later, looking suspiciously pleased with themselves.
You stood in your kitchen, reading a book at your dining table, able to see them through the doorway that lead to the front door,

"What did you two do?" Snufkin faked offense, slapping a clawed hand to his chest in a dramatic fashion,

"Pardon me? How dare you accuse us when we have done nothing wrong!?" Moomin gained a deadpan look, rolling his blue eyes,

"We tossed that woman in the sewage pond to the east; something about her throwing sludge at you?" You blinked, slowly placing your book down before snorting, laughter bubbling up in your throat.
You covered your mouth and Snufkin beamed,

"Told you He'd think it was funny!" Moomin rolled his eyes at Snufkin,

"You're the one who was worried they'd be mad, not me." Moomin then left with a wave and goodbye, saying Moominmama needed help in the garden.
Snufkin sat himself next to you, wrapping an arm around your waist as your chuckling died down,

"You didn't have to y'know." He shook his head, leaning in slightly,

"Anything for my love." Your face felt hot once again, him leaning in until your lips were barely touching,

"Is this alright?" He mumbled out, eyes flicking up to yours, not wanting to make you uncomfortable or do something you didn't want,

"More than alright." You closed the gap and kissed him, it didn't last long, just a few second peck, but it meant everything to you.

"I love you.." Snufkin mumbled against your lips, making you smile into the kiss,

"I love you too." He pulled away, smiling down at you with pretty fangs and a flustered face.

God you were so in love.