Chapter 11: Adora

My eyelids flutter open. I feel warmth underneath my head; a chest which rises and falls with each breath.

Oh my-no way. What the hell happened last night?

I try as hard as I can to remember. But everything is hazy. And my head hurts so badly it feels like it is being ripped in half.

I groan and sit up. Catra's eyes open and she sits up beside me.

Sunlight bleeds through the half-shut blinds. I squeeze my eyes shut and rest my head on my knees.

I'm in a bed. I'm in Catra's bed. I'm in Catra's bed...with Catra.

My eyes open again and I whir around to face her; which gives me insane whiplash.

"Catra, what happened la- "She puts a finger to my lips; shutting me up. I frown; whilst she simply smiles and throws the covers off of her lap.

I squeeze my eyes shut and try to recall the events from last night.

Boulevard of Broken Dreams, the intoxicating burn of Rum and Vodka, lying on the floor; gazing at Catra, then going to bed.

Catra comes back with two Aleve's and a glass of water. She hands them to me and then sits down.

"Thanks." I mutter. She nods and laughs a little.

"Figured you'd have one hell of a headache." I smile and hand the now empty glass back to her.

We sit in an awkward silence; our eyes searching anything but each other. She puts her hand over mine.

Butterfly's swarm like a hurricane at the tiny gesture.

"To answer your question, nothing happened last night. Well except you did..." She trails off. I feel my face heat up; thinking about all the possibilities that could end the sentence.

I take a deep breath and lace her fingers through mine.

"W-what did I do?" Her face turns a few shades brighter; she pulls her hand away from mine and stands up.

"I saw your back, Adora." My eyes widen; I look down at the covers. She sighs and sits back down.

I feel her hand lightly caress the side of my face.

"Adora, look at me." I do. And even with red-rimmed and tear-filled eyes she is the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen. My gaze trails down to her lips.

"Who would do this to you?" I put my hand over hers and lean into her touch.

"Catra, I'll be okay." She shakes her head.

"No, Adora! Nothing about this is okay! T-those wounds were inhumane!" I jump back at her tone.

She's angry. Extremely angry.

Why, was I so stupid last night?

The secret that I've hidden; buried deep into my mind and soul, far away so nobody could ever find it...it's out in the open.

Making me vulnerable.

"Catra, I'm sorry. I'll be fine okay? No need to worry." She gets closer; our noses almost touching. I try not to ponder on the fact that her gaze lingers on my lips.

"Of course, I'm going to worry, Adora! Don't you get it?" And then all of a sudden, she grabs the collar of my shirt; pulling me forwards.

Her lips collide with mine. My body goes rigid at the sudden movement. Then I melt into it; my guard let down once again. We fumble for each other. It's been so long, too long. It feels so familiar and yet so strange.

Has it really been two years?

She slowly loosens her grip on my shirt and puts one hand to my face. The other goes behind my neck; deepening the kiss. I feel tears brim my eyes...this is the closest we have been in so long.

It seems as if time shatters as we get closer. Barriers break as her arms wrap around my waist. And for the first time in so, so long I feel...I feel free.

She pulls away and it hits me again. I need to protect her.

She kisses my forehead and then rests hers against mine.

"I care about you, Dummy."

I laugh a little; tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Well...this chapter did not go as planned. Sorry, that's it been taking me awhile to update. I've been busy and writer's block has been extremely rude.

But here ya go. Another chapter!

How are you guys doing???

I hope that you enjoyed!

Love ya'll!

-Ally Rutson