Chapter 10: Catra

It's been a few hours since Adora got here. A few hours since she found me drunk out of my mind. I've sobered up a little now. My thoughts are all jumbled and I can barely control the words that escape my mouth.

Adora is lying down on the carpet; staring up at the ceiling. All of a sudden, she bursts out laughing.

I jump off of the bed and sit down beside her. The sudden movement makes me nauseous. But luckily, the feeling leaves quickly.

"What's so funny?" I ask. She points to a small bug that is scampering across the grey carpet. I shake my head and chuckle.

"It's just so...small." She whispers the last word and then giggles more. I take another swig of Vodka.

"Hey, you know what would be even funnier?" I ask between hiccups. She stops laughing.

"What?" My lips turn up into a smirk.

"Truth or Dare, Adora?" Her face turns pink. She hiccups.

"Truth."

"Ah, playing it safe." She laughs and nods.

"Okay then...do you like girls?" She moves closer to me; so close that her lips are near my ear.

"Oh, Catra...you should know the answer to that better than anyone." I shiver. A blush creeps up my neck.

She moves back a little. "So, truth or dare?" I smile. "Dare."

Her face lights up. "Hmmmmmm..." She looks around the room for inspiration. I hug my knees to my chest; the words that she whispered on loop in my mind.

She eyes the Harley Benton that sits in the corner of my room. "You play?" A small smile creeps onto my face.

She smiles as well; a mischievous glint in those sparkling blue eyes.

"I dare you to play me something." I get up; wobbly as hell as I walk over to my guitar.

I sit down beside her and start to play.

Though, I am not in the "right mindset" I would still never sing in front of her. I mean sure it really adds along to the song but it just feels too...personal? It just makes me feel so vulnerable.

She smirks at the first few chords. "Boulevard of Broken Dreams?" She asks. I nod and continue through the song.

I squeeze my eyes shut and try to let the burning alcohol and the sound of the music take me away.

"Your house?" I ask; really hoping that she says yes. Mom will give me a lecture about my bad grade in Math as soon as I get home.

Her face falls and her eyes rim with tears. I stop walking and put my hands on her shoulders.

"Hey, what's the matter?" I can tell that she is trying to stay strong; but she has to stop she is hurting herself by keeping all of those emotions locked up. I pull her into a tight embrace.

Her shoulders relax and she lets her guard down. She hugs me back and sobs into my shoulder.

"W-we can't go to my house anymore."

The music stops. I focus on Adora. She watches me in fascination; a huge child-like grin on her face.

She falls back onto the carpet. "Woooooooooooow." She starts to giggle again. I set my guitar down and lye down with her.

She takes her eyes off of the ceiling and gazes at me. There is this intense emotion in her eyes that I can't seem to place. She turns to face me.