Chapter 8: Catra

Trigger warning: Mild Suicidal thoughts.

And so, it begins again.

Adora and I talked for hours that night. About nothing and everything. The only subject that we didn't dare touch upon was anything that happened when we became more than friends.

Things in my life have been...good for once. And to be honest that is so bittersweet. Because I know something bad is going to take its place...it has too! I'm Catra for crying out loud! I have the worst luck!

But I try to push those thoughts to the back of my mind when I'm around that blond-haired dork.

I feel a small smile form at the thought of her.

"Whatcha thinking about, Catra?" I jump; a binder falling out of my hand.

Adora winces and helps me pick up papers that flew every which way.

"Oh my, I'm sorry." She murmurs. I shake my head and laugh a little.

"Geez, Blondie. You sure have a way of sneaking up on people." Her face heats up.

"Yeah, heh, sorry about that." I smile at her.

"No problem...just maybe try not to give me a heart attack next time?" Her face breaks out into a grin. She holds her hand out.

"Deal?" I smirk and shake her hand.

"Deal." But instead of letting go we stay exactly like that. Hand in hand. Both of our faces grow brighter with each passing second.

And then Adora does something totally unexpected. She laces her fingers with mine and smiles at me.

She takes my binder and starts to walk.

"Onward!" She says; as I walk by her side.

Finally, happy. Smiling like an idiot.

And of course, it happened again. Another nightmare. Another graphic nightmare that doesn't miss a beat. I wake up in a cold sweat. I check the time 10:30 pm.

I wonder if Adora is coming tonight.

After a few minutes of silence, I feel my thoughts start to creep into my brain again. I feel tears rim my eyes.

It should have been me.

You're the reason they didn't survive.

Oh, how much better it would be if you just...disappeared.

All you do is hurt people it is only a matter of time until Adora sees that too.

I shake my head. "Stop!"

They don't.

I need a drink.

I jump off of my bed and grab the Jan Sport backpack that hides under it. I unzip it revealing a plethora of alcohol.

I feel a sad smile form.

"Here we go again."

Hey guys! Sorry it has been so long! And these chapters are super short. They were mostly just fillers for a major event that's going to happen in the next few chapters.

Have a great day!