Chapter 15

It was still dark outside, a gentle breeze sweeping through the castle.

Kael sat on the roof, humming a tune as he fiddled with his mana. Streaks of different kinds of colors dancing around his palm, morphing into different shapes.

He then clenched his fist, extinguishing the brightly colored mana, before looking up at the sky.

"Its almost time....." He smiled sadly as he leaned back. "I wonder what would have happened if I did things differently......If I was a normal citizen of this world instead of a reincarnation?..."

He bowed his head, strays of hair softly covering his face as he pursed his lips. "Would we still be happily together?..... Would I have been able to keep........."

He took a deep breath before looking up, newfound courage in his eyes, "There's no use thinking about  "What if's". When the time comes, I'll kill you. This time, for sure."

Kael smiled slightly as he gazed at the horizon, the sun peaking through as it rose in the sky. "Come to me, Ver."

Augustus sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. He was currently listening to the heroes chattering about their love life.

"Master is soooooooo unfair!!!" Euan cried out, stomping his feet like a child throwing a tantrum.

"Unfair......" Ian muttered with a pout.

The others nodding along to the declaration.

The king sat on his throne, heaving a deep sigh as the heroes vented about their unreciprocated feelings.

"Hold on..... Arca, Lero, aren't the two of you married?...."

"Its Master." They immediately answered without hesitation.

The King paused, before releasing another sigh, "I've given up understanding anything about this group from now on....", he muttered.

"Right........ Moving on, all of you do know that that man isn't as dense as you all think?" The King declared, fixing his sitting posture as he stared seriously at the seven heroes who stood in the middle of the throne room.

"......We know......" Nys answered truthfully, a solemn expression on his face.

"If Master was really that dense, he would not have been able to break down a whole religious country in a day....." Rai chuckled nervously as he reminisced about the day they met.

"And destroy a whole human trafficking organization." Arca added.

"Drive my sperm donor and carrier to ruins, along with the other three who share my blood...." Ian followed.

"And many other feats he accomplished in merely a flick of his wrist." Lero laughed.

"He's strong, intelligent, he basically knows everything...." Nys scoffed playfully.

"But when it comes to a relationship.....he shuts down...." Rai smiled sadly.

"Right?!?! We've all been making passes at him for years! Even back ten years ago, and now that he's here again!" Holo exclaimed in frustration.

"But he won't fucking budge!!!" Nys screamed as he pulled at his hair.

The ministers who got caught up in this stood by the side. "There are so many things wrong here?!?!....."

They tried to maintain a poker face on the outside, but their emotions were currently in turmoil.

"That..  Master... Didn't he raise them as children?...." One minister whispered to the other.

"That's what I heard......."

"But the children are making the moves here?!...."

"Uh......"

"We...we don't have a law that forbids polygamy... And people above the age of fifteen are allowed to marry......."

"Are you serious?!?!"

The ministers looked at each other skeptically before forcing their attention to the heroes who stood in the center of the room.

"And you do know Kael is kind of immortal? Right?" Augustus exclaimed. "He's older than my grandparents' parent's."

The ministers coughed and almost spat out blood at that information.

"We know!" The heroes chorused.

"Ah........is this even allowed?...." Some ministers turned away from the group, while others patted each others backs for consolation.

"I don't know what is right anymore...."

"Just.   Just stop thinking about it..."

"HOW?!?!!"

"........"

"How rude!" A voice echoed across the room, "Talking about others behind their backs!"

Kael left his spot behind a pillar, walking towards the center of the room. "Well, I guess its time to spill some tea....." he murmured before standing straight and looking at all his disciples.

"I love all of you, so very much." Kael suddenly proclaimed. His disciples gaped and stuttered. "But, I'm ashamed to say, I still look at all of you as children." He smiled sadly. "I know you've all grown into fine adults, and you'll find someone to love one day."

The heroes opened their mouths in rebuttal, but their master beat them to it. "And that someone isn't me...."

"The reason I even took in children was to satisfy my own guilt." Kael looked down at his hands, clenching them as he relived the memories that haunted him since. He let out a shuddering breath, opening his eyes and gazing into the hurt and saddened ones of his disciples.

His chest hurt at their expressions, but he pushed on, "I was going to adopt a kid.......years before you were even born...."

"I couldn't save him........ I was too weak.......So I thought if I saved other children who I thought needed help, it would........" Kael took a deep breath.

He smiled gently at his disciples, "Do you know why I'm as strong as I am today?....." He took in the expressions of the people in the room, quickly glancing to the King who slightly nodded in return.

"Its because I don't want to loose the people I cared for. Seeing them getting killed before your eyes, unable to do anything because you're weak........."

"It was.............."

So.....I'm back.....
Honestly this took so long mostly because I was unmotivated... It was dreadful and I hated it.🙂

The small percentage that wasn't unmotivated was because I just made major changes to the story-

I wasn't planning on angst..... Tbh this story was supposed to be crack..... But then my brain came up with a lot of different possibilities and I loved one of the many. So I changed the original :)

Also cause my laptop died and I lost all my drawings for them TwT.....

But its fine since I didn't like the original designs anyway🙄...

My sleeping schedule is messed up and I'm currently nocturnal-