Chapter 6

Alteria's very own Arch mage lay on top of his bed, in his room where he escaped to after a short meeting with the ministers. His arm covering his eyes as he breathes through his mouth.

"Silly Ian, the rune is upside down! Hahaha!"

"Ian! Can you please get the others?"

"Of course I love you! You're my precious disciple!"

"I'm with you, always."

"He always treated me like a child..... When did you ever look at me as an adult?...." His voice cracked as he whispered.
"Stupid old man!" He  raised his arm that was blocking his sight and slammed it into the mattress.
"I hate you......." He sobbed as he turned on his side and curled up on the soft bed. Messing up his pitch black hair even further.

He wallowed in sadness thinking about the man who saved him from his own family. The man who was the only person who wasn't afraid to show him kindness. The man who accepted every part of him, his fears, his emotional scars, his past, and even his cursed black hair and red eyes.

He grit his teeth as he thought about that man. That man who is.....no more........

"After 10 years I still can't get over him........ " he showed a smile, full of sadness as his eyes glazed with tears. "How lame......"

Damian Caris Floyd, the youngest son of Duke Floyd from the Matir country, a country located northwest of Alteria, which focuses on mining because of the abundance of ores located in the natural caves of the country.

Damian was the youngest of four children, two older brothers and an older sister. He was the youngest, which meant he could not succeed his fathers title. Hansen, the eldest, would take on the title.

Ian's father was a dictator, he ruled his land by force. He had ideals, and believed strongly in them as he did not deter from them in any way. He forced his people to take on those ideals, and those that did not.....suffered consequences...

He strongly believed in power and strength, those attributes that his youngest failed to show...

The eldest, Hansen was strong in academics, he came out on top no matter what. Even when he was still a child, a natural born genius. He was strongly favored by the Duke and Duchess. He was smart, he was strong, and so his father taught him the way to lead, as he was his successor. He grew up in his fathers steps and now rules the dukedom in a similar fashion to his father.

The second eldest, Dennis, did not academically excel as much as his older brother, but he did not fall behind by any means. He was more of a physical type of power, unlike his brother who was good with strategies and plans. He ripped apart anyone that would go after the family, literally, by his bare hands. His older brother was the brains, he was the brawn.

Then their sister, Lucia, was in between. She was good at both brains and brawn, although her brothers would still excel, but by no means is she a pushover. She was good at calculating and sometimes helped the oldest with papers, and she would train with the second as well have friendly spars. She was also a regular guest for many balls or other social gatherings. She was famous, and had many acquaintances and allies, which she used for her family's benefit.

Their parents were proud of the three. Each of them were demonstrating strength to rule over the dukedom. They treated them like kings and a queen, apart from their youngest.

Damian, as a child did not show any potential powers or strengths. He was average, or even below that. His parents pushed him to his limits in order to awaken anything that makes him as good as his siblings, but he never did. He could not catch up, no matter ho hard he tried.  He was also born with dark hair and blood red eyes, which was unusual for a human.