Chapter 11

"Wha- wha- wha- what?!?!!" Euan dropped his fork, the utensil clattering on the table before coming to a stop. "Ian you sneaky bastard!! Don't get ahead of me!!"

Euan stomped over to the other side of the table where Ian stood, a smug grin on his lips, and Kael, standing frozen with wide eyes.

Kael, blinked, once, twice, but gave out a surprised yelp as he was dragged over and collided with a hard chest, arms snaking over to wrap around his waist.

He looked up to meet the intense stare of Euan, before the puppeteer lifted his gaze up to glare at his fellow disciple. "Sneaky little bitch." He grumbled, taking steps away while still holding onto his Master.

"Hah?! Let master go!" Ian grabbed Kael's wrist, forbidding them from taking a step further.

"Why should I, you molester?!"

"First come, first serve!"

"That rule is invalid!"

The two bickered, flinging insults back and forth as Kael kept gazing up at Euan in a daze.

"Fuck you! Oh wait! No one will!" Euan screamed, attempting to pull his master away.

"I'm just following your example, bitch!" Ian pulled on his masters wrist.

"Oh! Is that so?! Then why don't you foll-" Euan was cut off by soft lips landing on his own.

His gaze traveled from the shocked Ian down to his master who has his eyes shut, while clinging onto the fabric of his clothes. He stood frozen as his brain tried to process the situation.

Kael pulled away with a grin, pulling his wrist away from Ian's grip. He lifted his hands, placing them on Euan's hair, and ruffling the golden locks.

"Awwww!! Why didn't you tell me you just wanted a kiss?" Kael continued to ruffle his disciples hair, messing up the semi-neat hairdo, before going back to Ian, and messing up his hair as well.

"You silly disciples. You could have just asked!" He went around the table, placing a kiss on each one of his disciples. Either on the cheek, the forehead, or the lips, before going back to the stove, scooping out the newly cooked salamander karaage, placing them in the emptied out plater where the first batch lay.

"This brings me back to when I travelled to France! All the people I met were so nice!" Kael hummed, placing uncooked karaage in the boiling hot oil, watching the oil bubble and sizzle.

Ian turned toward the table, before slamming his head onto the surface while releasing a loud groan.

Euan slapped a hand over his face as he slumped toward the ground.

Arca snorted as she tried to cover her mouth, turning away from the others to hide the very obvious laugh bubbling in her throat. Lero full on laughed out loud, tears streaming down his face as he gripped on the edge of the table to keep him up. The others struggled to keep their laughter in check as well.

"Hmm? I'm almost done so set the table please, children!" Kael

"Yes......." Ian begrudgingly got up and glared at his fellow disciples who were dying of laughter.

The kitchen staffs stood to the side, a small smile on their lips as they watched the weird interaction of the heroes.

The heroes were always so serious and stoic when in front of the people, and this is the first time they had ever seen them like this. Laughing and nudging each other without a care in the world. It seemed like they were in their own world, and it seems like other people were intruding. The kitchen workers felt a bit out of place, and Kael noticed immediately.