Chapter 3

"Now, I was just about to make dinner." Kael moved his hand up to the head of the creature who was now crouching, lowering itself towards the ground.

"I was wondering if you'll join me..." He whispered as he stroked the tips of the wolfs huge ears, which was way bigger than his hand. "Or..... Would you like to be an ingredient instead?"

The wolf immediately flopped onto its back, showing its stomach to the human in front of him, a human who could easily dispose of anything in its path, its tongue rolling out as it gave a playful bark.

Kael chuckled and bent down, grabbing the branches which were scattered after he dropped them. "You'll join me then?" He teased the creature as he headed toward the small fire pit.

The wolf gave a reluctant bark, as it stood up and followed the human.

The whole night the wolf curled up, its new master leaning against its huge body as the fluffy tail was used as a blanket. To be honest, the wolf was still wary of this human, since this human could easily reduce this wolf to dust, without even blinking an eye.

Its new master was strong, stronger than any this creature has had before, and he has lived quite a long life, so he has had his share of masters.

The wolf pledged its loyalty to this human before they went to bed. The human gladly made a contract with it and immediately snuggled next to it, and without shame exclaimed, "A fluffy portable bed! Yay!"

The wolf was offended of course and wanted to voice its complaints, but chose to stay silent, in order to keep its head. He deadpanned at its new master, staring as the human buried deep within its fur and was out like a light.

The duo snuggled up against each other as the sun rose in the sky. Birds chirping and flapping their wings on the branches of trees as they took off into the skies.

Kael woke up and stretched as he yawned. It was one of the best sleep he's ever had! Why did he not contract a creature in all the time he's been in this world? Now that he's known of such fluffy and soft portable beds, a smirk and an evil glint appeared on his features only to vanish in the blink of an eye. Oh, such wonderful fluff!

He left the comfort of the fluffy creature and followed the sounds of flowing water. It did not take much time as he found a river, not far from his campsite.

He stood at the edge and bent down, his fingers grazing the flowing water.
"Its cold!" He took back his hand and shook it back and forth as shivers went up his spine.

"Good thing I didn't just jump in...." He shivered at the thought of his whole body submerged in freezing water.

Kael dug into his item box and took out a monster core, the monster core of a fire dragon specifically. He held the core in one hand and his other rested on top of it, the core glowed a bright red and he threw it into the river, the core making its place in the bottom.

He then stripped of his robes and undergarments and lay them on the river's bank. He then dipped his left foot into the now warm water and released a sigh.

He strode to the center of the river where the monster core lay beneath the flowing waters, and dunked his head under.

The wolf woke up not too long after his master and immediately looked around in worry. Did his new master abandon him? Did he leave him? The wolf let out a small whine as its ears pinned back on its head.

He then noticed the sound of flowing water and splashing. He darted towards the sound and found his master bathing in the river. His masters back towards the creature as it slowed to halt, a few inches from the river bank.