Chapter 9

Reunited at last........ The Master and his disciples were all gathered at the throne room for a meeting.

After the fiasco at the dining room, a punch to the face, nearly suffocating 5 times in a row, and now, not once has he been left alone.

"Children, I have a job for you." Kael's smile was twitching. His eyes closed and knitted eyebrows as he inhaled.

"A job?" Lero asked, his eyes sparkling in curiosity.

Lero is a dark blue haired warrior, also one of Kael's disciples. Kael found him in the slums of another country, getting beat up by the people. Kael took him in, and taught him how to fight. Any kind of martial arts, Lero has mastered. He can also use strengthening spells to aid him in battle.

"Yes, a job. Just a small one. I plan to cast a spell, and I need ingredients." Kael's gentle smile was back, although his eyes were closed.

"What can we do?!" Arca asked enthusiastically.

Arca is a female warrior, who just like Lero, mastered martial arts and strengthening spells. Kael found her in an auction for sexual slaves. A small child in that sort of place.... Kael took her in, although she misunderstood in the beginning. She thought she was bought for the purpose of the auction, but instead, she got a family. She trained with Lero since a young age, both of them together as Kael taught them. Which is probably why they are now a married couple. Kael pulled both of them into a hug once he heard the news, "My children are all grown up!" He sobbed.

"Can you help me gather the ingredients? They are quite far away." Kael spun around on his heels.

"Sure!" Each one of his disciples said enthusiastically.

"Thank you, children!"

The disciples parted for the ingredients, but not without warning the Master. "Don't you dare leave from this spot!"
"If we don't find you here when we come back, we'll break the whole world, piece by piece!"

When they were gone, now heading to the place where the ingredients can be found, Kael stretched his limbs. "Now I can frolic alone!"

"Kael............." The King sighed.

"I have about half an hour at most! They have five minutes to get to the location, then about twenty minutes searching for the best ingredient, then another five to get back! Just enough time to get Rune!" Kael turned towards the rooms exit.

"Rune?" The King asked, curiosity gracing his features.

"A contract I made in my first week back! Such fluff! Now I don't have to pull out a sleeping bag each time I camp out!" Kael grinned, tying his hair up into a ponytail.

"Uhuh....." The King blanched, knowing the true meaning of his words.

"See ya later, Augy!" With a snap of his fingers, the mage disappeared.

The entire room was in silence after the  mage's disappearance. The ministers and country officials all keeping their mouths shut, even after that person just disrespected the King of an entire country.

A deep exhale was heard, and all the heads turned towards the source, the King, sitting on his throne, his fingers running his temples. "If you don't come back within thirty minutes, I'll be forced to make an entire search party just for one stubborn how many centuries old 'trap', courtesy of seven worrywart disciples, my god! Oh wait! He's the entire reason you're here!" The King grumbled, feeling another headache coming.

The people did not dare talk back, despite the King insulting their world's god. "Why do I have a feeling that person who was just here is more than just a "master" and "mage"?......." Ran through the minds of the other people present in the room. "The King talks about him like he met this world's god..... .. That's not possible.....right?....."