Chapter 36: Blending in

Mia was shaking when she woke up. She tried to open her eyes, but she couldn't thanks to the salt and sand that was between her eyelids. Her chest still hurt, but she feels better than before. She rubbed her eyes and she noticed it was an arm that was pulling her. She looked at the face and saw it was Aang. "Aang..." She said quietly. She wanted to yell it, but her throat was all sore. He hugged her tight and when he let Mia go he was very happy. "You came for me." He said cheerful. "Of course..." Mia replied, "but what were you thinking? You need us Aang. You can't fight the world alone."
Aang sniffed. "It's not the world I am afraid of, but the Fire Lord. I can't defeat him."

Mia laid an arm around his shoulders. "You are the Avatar Aang. We can help you prepare for the battle but when the time is there, you and only you can defeat Ozai. And if you face him, you must face him alone and make an end of it." Aang nodded, he understood it, but he asked a very painful question to Mia: "Who will you face? Would you face Zuko and your own mother?" Mia looked down to the ground and watched the lava floating into the sea. "I'd kill my mom immediately, or let her lock up till the end of her life. But Zuko, I don't know. He broke my heart... but I don't wanna hurt him. He's been destroyed. He doesn't know what is right or wrong I believe. What I am most worried about is Iroh, that man didn't do anything wrong."

Mia saw something in the distance and she stood up to see it better. She narrowed her eyes and looked at the spot in the far. When it came closer Mia started to laugh out loud. "What is it?" Aang asked.
"It's Appa!" Mia replied cheerful. She strumbled closer to the sea and started to wave. "MIA!!" She heard Sokka already yelling. She smiled brightly and Appa landed down. Toph, Katara and Sokka jumped of Appa's back and hugged Mia and Aang. "Please do not do this anymore!" Katara said. "Where are we going now?" Aang asked. "Dad and the rest will take care of the attack. We need to find a firebender teacher of Aang... and go into the Fire Nation." Sokka said. Mia nodded slowly and something heavy got thrown on her lap. It was her bag. Her old, trusted bag.

"You must need it, don't you?" Toph said with a smile. Mia nodded heavily and when she opened it, she saw her book of Iroh, her money, her make-up and her gown from Leah. "Do you have any contacts in the Fire Nation?" Sokka asked. "Only in the capitol... But I don't think that'll be a good idea. We should just get in the Fire Nation and stay at a small village or so. I have enough gold to get around till summer."
"Good! Well there's no time to loose then!" Sokka said and he stood up. Mia smiled and followed him, sitting on Appa's back.

~

The five went on and on for days, Appa flying in the sky disguised as a big cloud. They flew over and island and checked it out. "I think I see a cave below!" Aang said excited. "SHHH! Keep quiet!" Sokka said quickly. Aang blew the cloud away and Appa landed on his six feet. "Great job with the cloud camo, but next time let's disguise ourself as the cloud that can keep it's mouth shut."
"Yeah, we wouldn't want a bird hearing us chattering and turn us in." Toph said sarcastis. "Hey!" Sokka said and pointed up, "we are in enemy territory, these are enemy birds." A bird jumped on his head and whistled. The other laughed and walked into the huge cave.

"Well this it, this is our beliving until the Invasion begins. Hiding in cave, after cave, after cave..." Sokka said.
"Don't be ridiculous, we do need to become cave people. We can blend in." Mia said, who's chest was hurting again.
"Jep we need new clothes too. Blending in is better than hiding." Aang said in agreement.
"They have also real food out there. I don't wanna sit in the dirt and eat cave hoppers." Toph said and smashed in the wall. Tens of cave hoppers hopped out. "Ew, gross!" Mia said when she almost stepped at one.

Sokka looked from Mia to Momo, who had eaten one and back to Mia. "Looks like we have decided. Let's get some new clothes!" Sokka suggested. They saw a house not further from the cave. Many clothes hung on the washing line, drying up. "I don't know about this, these clothes belong to someone..." Aang said. "I call the silk robe!" Katara yelled and ran towards the robe. "Well if it's essential to our survival, then I call the suit!" Aang yelled. Sokka was slowly looking what to wear and Mia was looking as well.