Chapter 18: Aunt Wu.

She stared at him.
She stared at him, all night long.
She stared at him, like she had never stared to him before.
She stared at him, like he was something dangerous.
She stared at him, like he was the most precious thing in the world.

He was shot in his shoulder, but it did not hit any important nerves or his bone. She made a paste of some herbs and put it on the wound, after she cleansed it with water, and bound it. He slept all through it (thanks to the poppy she kept holding under his nose), so he wouldn't wake up.
Mia could go away, she had taken care of him enough, but she wants to know. She wants to know, why he saved her. She was sure not because he loves her, but because she could bring him to the Avatar. Mia did not know. But she will and wants to find out.

Zuko moaned and lightening fast, Mia turned around and looked at him. He looked at her, but emotionless. "H-how is your shoulder?" Mia asked quietly. He looked at it and sniffed. "Fine... I guess." He replied. Mia grabbed a little cup of water she made of earth, and poured it gently in Zuko's mouth. "Why did you save me?" She asked quietly.
Zuko looked at her. "Isn't that obvious?" He replied a bit mysteriously.
"Not to me." Mia replied.
"Well, then you must find out."

Mia looked to the other way and she stood up.
"I have to go," She said quickly and she stood up,"there's a paste of herbs I made to put on your wound. It will save you against infections," she pointed to the little pot that laid next to Zuko.
"Where are you going to?" He asked, less friendlier.
"What?" Mia asked quietly, like she did not hear him.
"Mia." Zuko said.

Mia sighed loudly. "Does it matter? You are chasing the Avatar, not me. Our roads have been seperated for a long time already. It's none of your business what I do or where I am heading to. You are not a part of my life, just a memory!" Mia said a bit coldly, but she ment it in another way.
Zuko did not see it the friendly way and angrily he shot a wave of fire at Mia. She jumped up, and ran away from him. Far away from him.

~

Mia passed the river, and she found three frozen frogs. There were still a few arrows sticking out of the water, and Mia brought them with her. She was tired, very tired. She wanted to sleep, but she had to take care of her friends. She walked back to the temple and Aoi immediately ran up to her and circled with his tail around her leg. Sokka was sniffing, and dried snot was all over his chin. "Suck on these. It will make you feel better." Mia said and she put the frogs in her friends their mouth. Mia walked to the cettle and she threw some herbs in it to make tea. She remembered the little pot, and she gave the food to Aoi and Momo.

"Mia... How was your trip? Did you make any new friends?" Sokka asked when he sucked on his frog.
"No," Mia replied quietly when she heated up the cettle with her bare hands, "I don't think I did."
She sighed loudly and she grief her face in her warm hands. "How can I be so stupid?" She mumbled quietly.
"This is tasty!" Sokka yelled after a few minutes, while sounding much better. Mia waited for it and waited... And yes, suddenly it was like the three almost started to throw up. Mia saw three frogs hopping away and she laughed out loud. "Flush it away guys." She said when she handled them some tea and she laid down between Sokka and Aang, with her arms spread and her hands reaching for Katara, who laid her face on Mia's hand.
She doesn't need anyone else than those three, these are her true friends. Her family.

~

The four went to a lake and they stayed there for the night. Mia slept only two hours. She sat down in front of the lake with Aoi, sleeping on her lap, while she looked at the stars. That day, Aang and Katara were practicing their Waterbending skills, while Sokka and Mia were making two bows to shoot the arrows with and practiced. Sokka's shots were pretty good, while Mia's were less. She could not really concentrate, and against dinner time, they stopped. Aang was doing something with a string, and Katara was preparing dinner. A fish jumped up the water and looked challenging to Sokka.

"Oh, you are sooooo going to be dinner!!" Sokka yelled and he ran to his fishing rod. "Hey! Where the fishing line?" He yelled alarmed. "Oh, sorry," Aang mumbled and he held up a kind of woven thingy," I thought you didn't need it anymore."
"Ah man, it's all tangled!" Sokka replied sadly.
"Not tangled, woven," Aang said,"I made you a new necklace, Mia. I thought, since you've lost your other one...," and he held up the necklace, with a beautiful cherry blossom in the middle. Mia smiled. "It's beautiful Aang!" Mia said happily and she put the necklace on.

"I am going to find some nuts..." Mia said and she stood up, "I will be back soon." She walked away, for she wanted to be alone. Mia looked to her own reflection in the river, and she looked at the necklace. It was the same kind of flower Zuko gave her once. She sighed and walked back to the rest. "Wow... What did I miss?" Mia asked when she saw a man walking away, Aang with an umbrella and Sokka with his 'what-the-heck-just-happened-face.'
"We are goingt to see Aunt Wu!" Katara said excited. "Aunt who?" Mia replied confused. "Wu."Katara replied. "Righ..." Mia mumbled and they made their way to the village. Katara told the whole story, and Mia was just nodding.

They were friendly recieved by Aunt Wu's assistent Meng, a ten year old girl that fancied Aang. Katara was the first one to go and hear her future, while Mia waited with Sokka and Aang in the hallway. Katara came back with Aunt Wu, for it was Mia's turn. They went to a small room that smelled like flowers and strong musk. She sat down in a pillow and Aunt Wu grabbed her hand. "You have questions. Many questions, were you can't find the answer for. You are a very caring person. You will change, I see darkness in you. And if you want something, faith snatches it right away." Aunt Wu looked at Mia and Mia stared at the woman with an open mouth. "I don't care. I want to know how my love life will be." Mia said. Wulooked at her hand and curiously Mia looked at her open palm.

"You will marry a brave man. A stubborn, but smart fighter. It won't be hard to find him, but it will be hard to choose the side you fight. You have already decided, but only your lover has to choose yet wisely." Wu said. Mia looked up at the woman, her eyes twinkling. "Thank you." Mia said and she stood up and she walked out to the door. "Can we move on?" Mia asked when she met the three again. "Why? I love Aunt Wu!" Aang said excited. "Honestly, I don't care, Aang. We need to help you. It's getting colder, we need to go to the Northern Watertribe as soon as possible." Mia replied.

"We can stay for another day, right? I don't see the problem!" Aang said. "She's right, we need to leave. We are losing time." Sokka said. Aang and Katara moaned quietly, while Mia and Sokka started to pack.
"What did she told you?" Sokka asked.
"That I will marry a brave fighter." Mia replied. Sokka smiled and looked at Mia.
"You think you will?" He asked.
"Yes.... Yes, I do." She replied with a smile.