Chapter 1: The Boy in the Iceberg

The boat moved gently from right to left, floating over the quiet and cold water. No one was around and Mia looked to the fish in the water. She was thinking about the Koi fish, she loved the Koi fish. Mia found them always very beautiful and she remembered that Zuko always had them in the garden, quietly and peacefully swimming under the lilly's.

"This time he wouldn't escape," Sokka said when he held the spear high above his head, ready to 'spike' the fish, "Watch carefully Katara, Yuna how to catch a fish." Mia sighed and was already done with fishing with Sokka. Mia saw another fish and she made a movement with her hands, and the fish got lifted up gently. Mia killed it with her knife and threw him in the basket.

"Now you." She whispered to Katara. Katara did the same thing and omg..... It worked! "Sokka! Sokka, look!" Katara said amazed. "Shhhh! Katara! It he shocks, he will be gone!" Sokka hists to her. "Come here... Come to daddy." Sokka whispered to the fish. "But... But Sokka, I've got one!" Katara pushed. She moved the fish high above Sokka's head, and the dork raised his spear and it poker into the waterball of the fish. It splashed and the fish fell back in the water.

"Sokka!" Katara yelled.

"Fool!" Mia yelled and she gave him a little push. "Why is it always the fact, when you guys are playing with magic water, I get wet?!" Sokka asked. Mia sighed annoyed. "Ugh, it's not magic, it's water bending!" Katara said defending. "There's a difference because-"

"-yea, yeah a part of our culture, I get it." Sokka said. Mia smiled and rolled with her eyes.

You might think: "How the heck did Mia come there?" Well it's easy: She's been to the Earth Nation: to Ba-Sing-Se to be correct, but she got recognized by someone after she heated up her tea without any tools. The obvious was to skinout, and head up to the Southern water tribe; telling she was from the Northern water tribe called Yuna. They believed her, brilliant!

"you two are just weird and-" But before Sokka could finish his sentence, the boat got flown into a hard flow, away from their usual route. All kind of ice rocks bumped against the boat. "DO SOMETHING!!!" Sokka yelled hysterical into Mia's ears like only Sokka can do, while he paddled panicky. Mia stood up and started to change the flow, but it was too strong. "GO TO LEEEEEEEEEEFT!" Sokka yelled and he paddled left.

"WATCH OUT!!" Katara and yelled and before Mia could do something, the boat bumped onto a huge ice rock, and all the three got thrown out of the boat, that broke and sunk. Mia fell on her head and with lots of pains she stood up. They were surrounded by flowing and flat ice rocks.

"You call that left, idiot?!" Mia said angrily. "You could also just use your magic!" Sokka replied. "My magic?! So it's my fault?!" Mia asked angrily and she stamped her foot in the icerock and something cracked behind her. Then, Katara got furious and she started to shout and yell to Sokka like a madman. Mia quite enjoyed it, but altough Katara got angrier and angrier, she made the crack bigger and bigger.

"Katara..." Mia and Sokka mumbled. "WHAAAAT?!" Katara yelled and the iceberg behind them cracked and burst. A huge wave came up and pushed their icerock away. When the wave was gone Mia and Sokka both shivered. "D-did I do that...?" Katara mumbled. Sokka and Mia nodded heavily. Suddenly, under them a bright light came up. It got bigger and bigger and a huge ice globe came up from the sea and amazed the three looked at it.

"Oh my..." Mia whispered when she saw a boy, with arrows running over his arms and one over his head. When she saw the huge bizon, she knew for sure. "Aang..." She whispered so quietly, Katara and Sokka couldn't hear her. Suddenly the boy opened his eyes, and the same bright light glow out of his arrows and eyes.

Mia remembered a burned sheet of paper when she passed the Southern Airtemple. It contained two words: Aang and Avatar. Could this be that boy?

"He's alive!" Katara yelled, "c'mon we must help him!" Katara yelled. "Katara no!" Sokka yelled. Mia shrugged and she and Sokka followed Katara.

Katara tried to break the ice with Sokka's machete, and when she hit a load of wind came out of the globe. The globe broke a flash of blue, white light shoots up into the sky. The three looked at the broken globe, and the boy climbed up and looked down to them. "Stay back!" Sokka yelled to him, theathening with his machete and boomerang. The light disappeared and the boy fell down, in front of Mia's feet.

Mia grabbed his head and the boy opened his eyes. Mia smiled bright of relief. "I have a serious question..." The boy said hardly, "come closer.... Please." He mumbled. "What is it?" Mia asked concerned. "Are you joining me with penguin sledding?!" He asked happily. "E-eh-eh..." Mia stuttered, "s-sure..."

Katara took it over from Mia, and Mia walked to the shore of the icerock. She stared into the water for many minutes, she searched for him for so many years, and the last place she had expected he'd be, was here.

She was wondering if Zuko was close, searching for the Avatar. They say he has a huge burned spot on and around his right eye; which his father gave him during the Agni Kai. He should have listened to me, than that wouldn't have happed... He is stubborn, he has always been stubborn.

After a few minutes, Sokka walked up to Mia. "Come on, Yuna. Let's go hoooooooome....." He said quietly, when he saw no icerocks nearby and noticed they were stuck on the rock. "If you guys are stuck, I can give you a ride?" Aang asked. "That'd be awesome!" Mia and Katara yelled at the same time and they climbed up the hairy bison called Appa. Sokka refused the offer (of course), but finally he stepped in the saddle on Appa's back.

"Alright, here we go," Aang said, "Appa: Yip Yip!" The bison lifted itself up and with a giant splash he fell in the water, floating it's way. "Appa, come on," Aang said, "Yip Yip!"

"Wow that's impressive...." Sokka mumbled.

"Appa is a bit tired, just a second and he will fly in the sky again!" Aang replied with he kept smiling creepy to Mia. "Why are you smiling at me....?" Mia asked. "Oh, sorry! I did not notice." Aang replied and he quickly turned his head. Mia smiled and laid down on her back, looking to the clouds

* A/N: Mia found a burnt letter in the southern Airtemple. It was a letter to the western Airtemple, saying that they might have found the new Avatar, a boy named Aang. She took the letter with her but lost it. This is how she knew. I forgot to explain it when I first published the story, sorry! I hope this clears it up. If there are any questions, let me know :)