Chapter 42: The Firebending Masters

It's the biggest chapter so far, but also full of surprises... ENJOY! 

When they had arrived, the boys went immediately on tour. The Duke, Teo, Haru and Sokka were trying to find secret rooms, the same as in the Northern Air Temple. Mia, Katara, Aang and Toph were brainstrorming about what to happen. "Mia, please can't you-"
"-no Aang, I don't want to teach you Firebending."
"HEY! You said you never COULD!" Aang yelled.

Mia got three angry faces at her and she sighed. "I never wanted to, not after you had burned Katara and how you hated to firebend. I learned some terrible Fire bending tricks and moves, and that's all what I had learned. I am like Azula when I firebend, if you look at the moves." 
"Pfff.... we can start all over again now. How are we going to do this?" Toph asked sadly. 
"I have no idea... We can't go fighting again, but we also can't keep hiding in here and do nothing."

"We need another Fire bender... Jeong Jeong maybe?" Katara asked.
"Yeah, like we will run into him again." Mia replied obvious.
"All we need for now is to get some food... We have left for tonight, but not for tomorrow. " Katara said when she handled over Mia's bag. "I thought I had lost it." Mia said with great relief and grabbed her bag. "Oh, I will go to try to find some food, maybe Haru will come with me." 

Haru walked up to Mia. "Ah, good you are here, will you come up with me and... try to get some food?" He nodded excited. Mia smiled and grabbed some money. "What? There might be a village nearby. You never know." Mia replied to the narrowed eyes' faces. Mia and Haru went up and Mia searched for some herbs. "How have you been lately?" Mia asked him. "Oh... nothing important. Just joined the resistance." Haru replied. "I am sorry about your father. He just got out of prison, now it seemed he is back in again." 
"It's okay, Mia it wasn't your fault." 

Mia smiled faintly and they moved on. In the far, they saw a small town. It started to get dark already when Mia was still buying her ingredients. "We should sleep here, it's getting dark and storm is coming." Haru said. "Yes, yeah, sure." Mia said and they walked to the inn. They drank some tea together and listened to the stories of the travellers in the inn. They were all refugees.

"I have heard that the Avatar is alive after all..." Said one young woman.
"Don't be too excited love... The Fire Nation is strong, definately with that new general." An old man said. 
"The White Lotus will help, trust me. And I am sure the Avatar is alive." Mia said confidentally. 
"Have you seen him?" A little girl asked. 
Mia nodded. "Yes i have... and he is stronger and more wise than we all thought." 

Mia told her everything about the 'adventures' of the Avatar. Not using her own name, but just telling what he had done. The girl loved it, and listened to Mia until she couldn't held her eyes open anymore. Mia went to her room, and Haru to his. Early in the morning they'd return to the Air Temple, and so they did. 

When they returned, there was a weird kind of ethos when they had returned. Toph's feet were burned and Katara had this huge frown on her forehead. Mia sat down next to Toph. "So.... how did your feet got burned?" 
'Eh.. I-I-I... stepped in he campfire by accident yesterday." Toph replied nervously.
"You STEPPED into the CAMPFIRE?" 

"Here Mia!" Sokka yelled and he held a bowl of rice in front of Mia's face. A loud bang was heard and big rocks fell down. It felt like and earthquake. "Stop! I don't want you to hunt the Avatar anymore!" Mia heard a familiar voice saying. "Did that sound like...?"
"No, you are mistaking!" Katara yelled and pulled Mia inside. She pushed Mia into a room and locked the door. "Wait, Katara!" Mia yelled. 
Mia kept hearing the loud bangs, but after a while, she heard the final explosion and it was quiet. 

After a few minutes Aang came to Mia and opened the door. "Please Mia... don't freak out. We will explain everything." 
Mia nodded slowly and walked with Aang to the rest of the group. In front of them, there was someone standing and when Mia saw who it was, a wave of different feels got washed over her. "W-w-w-what are you doing here?" She asked grimly.
"I have changed. I left my home and now I am here to teach Aang firebending." Zuko said. 
"That's great! That is absolutely terrific! There are thousands of Firebenders and you chose HIM?" She yelled hysterical. 

Zuko wanted to open his mouth but Mia raised her hand. "Don't... say a thing. No one, just... leave me alone." 
Mia grabbed Haru's hand and walked away. "Who is that?!" Zuko asked. "My friend Haru and I have kissed him once and I would do it right again!" Mia replied harsh and she walked to the kitchen to make some dumplings with Haru. Aang came in. "How can you do this to me?" She asked him when she was making the dough. "I know he had hurt you... And he really regrets everything he has done, also to you. He wants to help us win the war... And I need him. You don't have to talk to him at all, I understand you are mad, but please accept him in the group... For me." Mia laid down the dough and took a deep breathe. "I'll try." Aang smiled and laid a hand on her shoulder. "Thanks."