Chapter 32; madness

Mia knew she got dragged away from the crowd. The voices were fading slowly. Mia strumbled over the floor on her stupid shoes and she fell on the ground. "Do you know who I am? I am Mia Li Feng!" She yelled hysterical and she looked to the soldier who brought her. It wasn't just a solider, it was a soldier from the Dai Li, the elite police force. "Seriously?" Mia said spotting, "after six years you still want to arrest me after I stole some chickens?" The soldiers frowned.

"Mia!" She heard a girl's voice shouting. Mia stood up and looked behind her. "Toph!" Mia yelled and saw the rest of team Avatar standing behind her. "Guys, what is going on? I was just on a date with someone, after I knocked down Jet and now I am here, kidnapped, in a library!"
"Wait... Jet the freedomfighter?" Sokka said amazed. Mia nodded. "I will tell that later, long story." Mia said quickly.
"We want to see the King." Aang said to the Dai Li leader and secretariat, Long Feng.
"You cannot see him." Long Feng replied.

"What do you mean they can't see him?!" Mia asked alarmed, "they have important information taht could defeat the Fire Nation."
"The Earth King has no time to get involved in political gossips, Miss Li Feng."
"This could be the most important thing he had ever heard." Aang said encouraging.
"What is most important to his Royal Majesty is maintaining the cultural heritage of Ba Sing Se. I am about the military." Long Feng replied.
"I almost forgot what a coward the King truly is." Mia said quietly and Long Feng frowned angrily at her.

"But we need to-" Sokka started.
"-Enough!" Long Feng yelled and he stood up, "I don't want to hear your ridiculous plans. It is the strict policy of Ba Sing Se taht the war would not be mentioned between the walls, it would chage Ba Sing Se into a state of panic."
Mia laughed. "What about the drill? That was nothing, I am sure? You cannot keep the truth away from the people. Ba Sing Se won't hold them forever. " Mia said seriously.

"I will tell them! I'll let everyone know!" Aang said loud and pointed to Long Feng. "You'll be watched every moment, every second, by Dai Li agents, Avatar. If you mention the war to anyone, you'll be banished from our city..." Long Feng turned around and stared into the flames behind him. Oh how Mia would love to blow them up in his face. "I understand you are looking for your bison. It would be quite a shame, if you would not be able to complete your quest. Joo Dee would lead you home."

~

Mia stormed out the library to the ballroom, and saw Tanaka standing with a friend. "Where have you been?" He asked her. "I got lost." Mia replied slowly and sighed. "I have good news, You and your friends are going to move tomorrow, to the Upper Ring. Mushi will get his own teahouse, and can name it as well. It will be a lot better," Tanaka said, "my friend just told me." Mia stared at him. "Lovely." She replied and looked behind hr, to the team. "I do not feel so good, I am going home I think. My friends will bring me home, thanks so much for the wonderful evening, bye." Mia said quikcly and gave him a kiss on the cheek and rushed to team Avatar.

"I am going to move to the Upper Ring..." She said slowly, "I have to change my name there."
Sokka smiled. "Why, what did you do there?"
Mia lookd at him. "I stole stuff there." She replied seriously and hugegd them goodbye. "I have to go... I hope I can look for Appa tomorrow." Aang appreciated that and Mia left the palace.

It was quite cold and how she loved to heat herself up, she had to survive this. Mia sighed loudly and started to walk to the Pao teahouse. After 20 minutes she got there, but it was already closed. Mia sighed loudly and climbed up to the roof. She knocked on the window and Iroh opened it. "Mia have you heard it?!" He said excited. 'Yes I did!" Mia replied excited, not that she was.

Iroh nodded proudly. "Did you see the King?" He asked. "No, but I did not kidnapped." She replied. Iroh shocked and looked at her. "I am kidding." She replied and smiled a bit. "I did not see him, but it was okay. It was... fun." Iroh smiled friendly and poured her some tea. She cleansed her face and braided her hair. "Is Zuko back already?" She asked when she put on her nightrobe. Iroh nodded and looked towards the other room , where he slept.