Chapter 35: Finding Aang + A/N

The cold wind blew through her hair. The stars were bright and shiny, and the old moon was in the hands of the new moon. Her arms covered with goosebumps that didn't seem to bother her, rested on the railing. She took a deep breathe and a small flame of fire came out of her mouth. She covered her face with her hands and rubbed it. The worst thing that had actually happened, was Aoi being left behind at Mia's family. He had become too big. It was the best for him, but it truly broke Mia's heart. "Are you okay?" Katara asked Mia. "I am fine." She replied. "You should eat something and you should-"
"-Katara I am fine! Just leave me alone!" She yelled and she walked away from her.

Her head hurt very much and she almost lost her balance. She sat down and her forehead was covered with little drops of sweat. "What's happening to me...?" Mia slowly asked herself. "Come on, girl." Hakoda said and he helped her up. "Get off me, I do not... need... help." Mia said with pauses. She strumbled to the lower deck of the ship, to her private room and laid down on her bed. 

She grabbed a mirror that laid on the side table and looked at herself. Her eyes were dark red and her face pale. She felt lots of pain on the left side of her chest, where her mother hit her. She put off her shirt and shock of the big, black spot, it was burning. Mia's hand rushed through her mouth and she dropped the mirror. "I am a monster." She said slowly and she started to cry softly, she kept crying, unril she fell in a deep sleep.

~

There was a knock on the door and Mia quickly put on her shirt on and whiped the tears from her cheeks. "Come in." She said. It was Sokka. 
"Aang is awake, I just wanted to say that." he said.
"Finally... After those weeks, it got time." Mia replied calm.

"Maybe he can help you too, you look really sick." Sokka said and he sat down on her bed. Mia took a deep breathe. "I will be fine, it is just... been a bit too much the past few months for me." She smiled at her friend and stood up with pains. When she stood up, the ship wa shaking. "What is it now?!" She said annoyed and terribly impatient. She went to deck and saw they were being followed by an another Fire Nation ship. 

"Hey Mia!" Aang yelled. "Oh, hi." Mia said and she started to waterbend, earthbend and firebend as much as she could. She created a large cloud of fog. Sokka followed Aang, for Aang was too weak to fight. When they sailed out of the fog, they got attacked already by flying burning rocks. "Things cannot get more worse!" Sokka said when he looked at the scared faces of Toph and Katara. Out of the wayter, the serpent rose and showed his ugly face. "The Universe just love to prove me wrong doesn't it?" Sokka said. "You make it too easy!" Mia yelled at him. 

The other ship hit the Serpent on the head, and the serpent didn't really liked that much. He went to the other ship and attacked it. "Thanks, universe." Sokka said and they sailed to a harbour. Mia went to Aang's room and she sat down on his bed. "How do you feel?" She asked. "I am fine, how are you? You look sick." Aang replied worried. "I feel better than yesterday." She replied and touched his head. "You've got hair... it looks good." Aang smiled. The door flew open and Katara, Sokka and Toph walked in. "We are going into town to get some dinner, wanna come?" Sokka asked. Mia and Aang nodded in agreement. 

Aang did not want to wear a headband, so Katara talked to him while Sokka, Toph and Mia went already on. Katara came without Aang, but that was ok. The three ate some noodles with chicken and Mia drank beer. She brought some food for Aang. Unfortunately, when they entered the ship Aang was gone. Katara was all in tears and Mia looked up to the sky; it was about to go raining. "I am going to find him." Mia said and she stepped into a longboat. "Mia, you are crazy!" Sokka yelled. Mia ignored him and she pushed herself off the ship. With her waterbending, the longboat sailed through the water. It was about to go storming, and Mia got weaker and weaker. The waves of the sea were so high, the longboat broke in two. Mia fell in the water, and hardly she could go up. The wind and rain was blowing in her face, when the hard streams of the water wanted to pull her in the dept of the sea. 

She found a piece of wood and floated through the water. Her whole body was hurting, but her mind was clear. She was thinking. The nearest shore must be the one of Cresent Island. She knew that wouldn't be far away from here. She didn't see any land, and she started to feel more miserable with the minute. She started to cry, Thinking about just let go and die. She was thinking about the spirit world, how it would be. If she could play Pai Sho with her father and drink tea all day long. She was also thinking about Zuko, lying in his palace on his bed with Mai in his arms, eating cakes and drinking tea. That made her angry. She climbed on the raft and with her waterbending and all her strength, she rushed over the water. In the far she could see a vulcano and she started to laugh. "Almost there!" She yelled. She got closer and closer, the waves were so strong she got pulled to all directions. It was like her arms and legs were about to get ripped of her body and with a tidal wave, she landed on shore. 

She fell down hard, and her back hurt. She looked to the stars, that were bright and far away. Her eyes were teary and slowly she took little bits of breathe. The salt was biting in her face and her lips were dry. Her lips were moving, but no sound came out of her mouth. She felt the cold of the sea and the heat of the lava, that was still flowing off the island into the sea. Hardly she turned her head to the right and saw a big kind of thing a few yards away from her. She could only see a silhouette, nothing more. Hardly she crawled closer and closer, her chest burning. She could see something blue, on that what looked like a forehead. "Aang..." Mia mumbled and crawled closer to him. 

He did not response. "Aang?" She repeated. Aang was breathing slowly, and Mia felt her strength fading away again. She grabbed Aang's hand and laid down next to him on her back. She looked at the stars again and started to mumble a little song: 

"The stars shining high up in the sky...
Oh, look at them shining, oh so bright...
See how they shimmer, a beautiful sight...
But in the morning they are fading; their everlasting light..." 

A/N:
Sorry for the small chapter, I had no idea how to start book 3 (according to series and me), so that's why the slow update.
The next one will be easy, so the more easier to write, the longer the chapter and the sooner the update!
I hope you guys are still liking the story!
Thanks so much for like 700+, unlike my grammer mistakes :P 

anyway: Keep flaming! xx Nina