Chapter 13

Eva and I were in the car in front of the Davis house. 

"Can we maybe not tell everyone what happened yet?" I asked. 

"I mean yeah. But then we're going to have to do a much better job at hiding this massive hickey you gave me." Eva told me. 

"Oh. Shoot." I looked in the back and saw one of my hoodies lying on the seat. I grabbed it and handed it to Eva. "Here. Put this on." 

She did  

"It smells like you." She smiled at me. 

"You're going to have to stop being so cute if you expect me to not jump your bones while we're here." I half joked. 

"I'll try." 

I kissed her. We pulled away after about a minute. Eva got out of the car and I did as well. 

"Ok just one more." I quickly pinned her against my car and passionately kissed her. Eventually Eva pulled away. 

"We should probably get inside."

"Yeah that's a good idea." I pecked her lips quickly before grabbing her hand and walking up to the front door.

We walked in and went up to Hayden's room. I pulled my hand from Eva's right before we walked in. 

"Hey guys." Hadley smiled at us. 

"Sup." Hayden said. 

"Hi." Eva said 

"Hey!" Kiley told us. 

"What's up?" I sat down on Hadley's bed. 

"We should probably come up with sleeping situation now so we don't have to do it when we're really tired." Hayden requested. 

"Yeah that's a good idea." Kiley agreed. The rest of us nodded. 

"Ok we can sleep in the basement. We have both couches, a sleeping pad, and a double blow up." Hayden told us. 

"Ok I can take the pad." Kiley offered. 

"Ok I've got a couch." Hayden said. 

"I'll take the other couch." Hadley said. 

"So I guess that leaves Eva and I on the blow out. Sounds good. Now, let's make some popcorn and grab some candy." 

We have a lot of movie nights here because there's the most space so the Davis' keep a giant stash of basically any candy you could want to put in the popcorn. It's lovely. 

We all went down and Kiley put some popcorn in, Hadley fill up water bottles, Hayden got bowls out, and Eva and I grabbed out the candy. We started filling up bowls for everyone. 

"Ok so Hayden doesn't like Swedish fish or dots. Kiley doesn't have anything sour. Hadley likes everything. I don't do chocolate. What about you?" I told Eva. 

"I'm fine with everything. You don't do chocolate?" Eva exclaimed. 

"Shh! Ben and Emmy are asleep." Hayden reminded us. 

"Sorry." Eva whispered. 

"No." I replied to her earlier question. "I'm lactose intolerant so I try my hardest to stay away from dairy which is almost all chocolate." 

"Ok I guess that makes sense." Eva responded.

"Yeah. Here pass me the gummy worms." 

We finished filling up the candy bowls right around the same time that all of the popcorn finished popping. We poured the popcorn on top of the candy. Everyone else had gone back up to the media room to get everything situated so I decided to seize the opportunity. 

I quickly turned her around and pinned her against the counter. I crashed my lips against hers and kissed her like I had a fatal decease and she was the only cure. We kissed for around a minute before Eva pulled away. 

"We should probably get upstairs. Someone's going to come looking for us." I sighed against her lips. 

"Yeah. You're right." 

I kissed her softly one more time quickly before we grabbed all of the bowls and brought them upstairs. 

"Jeez. What took so long?" Hayden complained. 

"Sorry. I accidentally put Swedish fish in all of them so I had to hand pick them all out of your bowl." Eva saved us. 

"Oh thanks Eva." Hayden smiled at her. 

We handed everyone their bowls and then sat down on the couch. The couch is u shaped, I laid down on one of the long parts. Eva laid down next to me, but there was enough space between us that it wasn't that suspicious. 

"Ok what are we thinking? RomCom, Horror, Action?" Kiley asked. 

"I vote Horror." Hadley said. 

"Me too." Hayden agreed.

"Yes I love Horror." Eva exclaimed. 

"Ugh. I hate Horror." I groaned. 

"It'll be fine Lynn." Kiley told me. 

All of the girls started searching through different Horror movies to find the one they wanted to watch. 

"I'll protect you." Eva whispered in my ear. Then she kissed under my ear quickly. 

My breath hitched. 

"You ok Lynn?" Hadley asked. 

"Yeah sorry. I just really don't like Horror movies." I replied. 

"I bet Eva won't care if you squeeze her when you're scared." Hadley said. Then looked to Eva. "It's not that bad. When she gets scared she just squeezes your waist. You just need to put your arm around her and give her forehead kisses every once in a while."

"Will do. Thanks for the heads up." Eva smiled at Hadley. 

She smiled right back. 

"Ok how does this one sound?" Kiley asked. 

We all turned our attention to the tv and read the synopsis. The movie is called Hereditary. Everyone agreed on it except me but they don't really care. They began to play the movie. 

I zoned out and began to think about taking Eva on a date. Eventually I planned it all out. I would take her to the Farmers Market after church on a Sunday. We would walked around an get something for lunch. We would sit on a bench and eat our lunch. 

Then when we finished, we would go to Petroglyph and paint something. After we finished painting we would walked down the street to the movie theater. We would buy some popcorn and watch a movie. The movie theater is really small so they only have two screening rooms. The upstairs one is very small and it has couches and comfy chairs instead of normal theater chairs. 

We would go upstairs and sit on one of the couches and cuddle up to each other. Finally I would take her home and kiss her on the front porch. It would be the most amazing date ever. 

Once I looked back at the screen there was immediately a jump scare. I wrapped my arms around Eva's waist. She put her arm around my shoulders and pulled me in close. Our legs were already tangled up together. She kissed my forehead and I felt a huge sense of safety, relief, and comfort. 

I think I already love her. 

Thanks for reading.

- M.W.