Chapter 6

It's Wednesday morning and I just sent out an email to the whole school reminding them that we have our first GSA meeting today at lunch.

Me: "Remember to come to the meeting at lunch. It's important that you're all there."

Kiley: "I'm the VP. I have to be there."

Hayden: "Don't worry. We'll be there."

Hadley: "Yeah we won't miss it."

Me: "Ok good. I'll see you all there."

I logged into my Homeroom class and saw Eva already sitting there. Among 15 other students.

Me: "Hello beautiful."

Eva: "Right back attcha."

Me: "You're still coming to the GSA meeting at lunch right?"

Eva: "Yeah of course. I'll be there."

Me: "Ok great. You'll get to meet everyone too."

Eva: "All your friends?"

Me: "Yeah. Kiley's the VP and the rest are ally's."

Eva: "Cool. Well we should probably pay attention but I'll see you there."

Me: "Ok."

At lunch

I made myself a sandwich and grabbed an orange and some chips. I quickly ate and then gulped down two cups of water.

I walked back upstairs and saw James still sitting at this desk.

"Are you going to join the GSA meeting?"

"Yeah of course. It starts in 5 minutes though so you should probably send out the link."

"You're right. Thanks James."

"Yep."

I walked across the hall to my room. I sat down at my desk, sent out the link through Remind, and started the meeting. Kiley, this boy named Henry, and the teacher advisor, Mr. Snyder all joined the meeting.

"Hey guys!" I exclaimed once they all have their audio on.

"I'm missed you guys." Henry said.

"Dude we missed you too." Kiley told him.

"Hey guys. How was your summer?" Mr. Snyder asked.

"It was good considering Mr. Snyder." Henry answered.

"Same here." Kiley answered.

"Mine was actually pretty good. I got to surf a lot with my brother and golf with Hayden." I said. "How about your summer?"

"Mine was good. I got to quarantine with my boyfriend so it was nice. We got to spend a lot of time together."

"That's great Mr. Snyder." Kiley smiled.

"Guys should I let people in now?" I asked.

"Yeah go ahead." I went to the waiting room and let in 15 people.

They all took a minute to connect their audio and turn on their cameras. We waited another minute until 12:15. We had 20 people in the meeting.

"Hello everyone. I'm Mr. Snyder. To start we're going to go around and give our name. That's the only thing that's required. But if you want you can give your pronouns and your labels. So I'm Mr. Snyder, my pronouns are he/him, and I'm bisexual. But I'm currently dating a man." Mr. Snyder began.

"Hi I'm the GSA president this year. My name is Lynn Walker. My pronouns are she/her, and I'm a lesbian." I said.

"Hello everyone. I'm the VP. My name is Kiley Watt, my pronouns are she/her and I'm transgender. I was born in a male body." Kiley told everyone.

"Hi guys! I'm Henry and I'm the secretary. My pronouns are he/him and I'm gay."

"Ok now we'll go around from the order on my screen. So can Hayden go first?" I asked.

"Yeah. Hey, I'm Hayden Davis. My pronouns are she/her, and I'm an ally."

"James."

"Hi. I'm James Walker. My pronouns are he/him and so far I'm just an ally. But we'll see were it goes from here." James said. I smiled at him.

"Addicus."

"My name is Addicus and I go by Addy. My pronouns are they/them and I'm pansexual. No matter who I date I'm always gay." I chuckled.

"Madison."

"My name is Max. My pronouns are he/him and I'm transgender."

"Oh Max. You can email your guidance councilor and ask them to change your name and they'll change it for you on Canvas and then it'll change your zoom name." Kiley told him.

"Thank you so much." He replied. And Kiley smiled at him.

"Hadley."

"Hi. I'm Hadley Santos. My pronouns are she/her and I'm an ally."

"Conor."

"Hey guys. I'm Conor. I use all of the pronouns and I'm gender fluid. And I'm attracted to dudes."

We kept going through everyone.

"Eva." I smiled.

"Hey, I'm Eva Miller. My pronouns are she/her, and a major woman lovin woman." I laughed.

Hayden and Kiley rolled their eyes. We spent the rest of the meeting just talking and getting to know one another. It was nice.

Thanks for reading. Leave a like and a comment.

-M.W.