Chapter 3

Me: "Zoom in 10?"

Hayden: "I'll be there."

Hadley: "Me too."

Kiley: "Sounds good."

I quickly made a zoom and sent my friends the link. I grabbed some trail mix and a vitamin water and then went back up into my room and waited for them to join. After a few minutes all four of us were on the call.

"Ok we only have 20 minutes until we need to get to 3rd period." I told them.

They began to talk about Garrett. Kiley is dating Garrett and it's one of the reason him and I so close. Other than me actually being on the football team with him.

I found Eva's Instagram and it was a private account. I debated requesting her right now but I felt like that seems too desperate. I should wait a little bit.

My friends and I talked about our classes and the people in them. We talked for another ten minutes or so before we went to our third period classes. Mine was Trigonometry. The reason I'm taking Trig is because I took Algebra in 8th grade so I got ahead. So did Hadley and luckily we're in the same class so we can help each other.

We both logged on and smiled at each other through the camera. I looked around and saw mostly seniors but a few people in my grade.

"Hello students. I'm Mr. Robertson. I went to NYU, and I also grew up here. I'm 25 and this is my second year teaching here but my first year teaching online. I'm pretty good at technology though so we should be fine. If you need any help with anything this year please don't hesitate to ask. I know how you feel with the older teachers who forget what it was like to be a student and expect you to know everything. So don't feel bad about asking questions ever."

Me: "Wow he is really nice."

Hadley: "And really cute"

Me: "Oh stop it Hads. You don't want to have a crush on our math teacher. Just focus on Landon ok?"

Hadley: "Yeah ok. He barely knows I exist though."

Me: "Um he definitely knows you exist.

Hadley: "How can you be sure?"

Me: "Because he's asked me about you before."

Hadley: "SERIOUSLY?? AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?? WHAT A TERRIBLE BEST FRIEND!!"

Me: "He told me not to tell you. He's shy and he doesn't want to get made fun of by the team."

Hadley: "Ok we should probably start listening but this is NOT the end of this conversation."

Me: "Ok Hads."

We listened to the rest of the period and read through the syllabus together. Luckily 3rd period is our last class of the day. I've always liked school but I don't really like online school. I just want to be able to play sports again and hang out with my friends.

James and I played one-on-one and horse up until our call with the twins. We used my dad's computer and hooked it up to the tv.

"Hey!!" Ryder exclaimed as she join.

"What's up!" Porter smiled at us.

"Hey guys!" My dad said.

"Hi Ryder. Hi Porter." James added.

"What's up team?" I finished.

"Oh my gosh. I've missed you guys so much." Ryder exclaimed.

"Me too. It's so boring without you guys." Porter agreed.

"Yes!" Ryder called out. "Oh! How was your first day of high school little bro?"

"It was good. My teachers are nice and I have some friends in my classes." James replied.

"That's great. I told you you'd like your teachers. Luckily for you, you have three people who've already gone through it."

"Yeah. It was nice knowing in advance."

"So Porter. Have you started training yet?" My dad asked.

"No. We're supposed to start soon though."

"What about you Ry?" My dad wondered.

"Yeah we start training today actually. I'm really excited. Coach told me I get to start this year if I keep up the good work because the old setter graduated."

"That's great Ry." I smiled.

Just in case you were wondering. I'll go over the sports that all of us play. Ryder plays volleyball and basketball. Porter plays football and baseball. I'm the kicker on the football team, I play golf, and I'm on the striker on the soccer team. And then James plays water polo and lacrosse. Well actually we all golf but I'm the only one who plays on the school team.

I got to talk to my siblings for around 45 minutes before Ryder had to go to get ready for training so we decided to end the call.

"It was so good talking to you guys." I expressed.

"Yeah we miss you a lot." My dad agreed.

"We'll talk soon." Porter said.

"Yeah. We can make this a weekly thing." Ryder added.

We all said goodbye and my dad ended the meeting.

"What do you guys want for dinner?" My dad asked.

"I don't care." I replied.

"James?" My dad asked my brother.

"Can we get Opa?" James wondered.

"Yeah of course. I'll order."

"Can we watch the Thorns game while we eat?" I asked.

"Yeah. You guys can go upstairs. I'll call you down when it gets here." My dad told us.

"Thanks dad."

"Thanks dad."

I went upstairs and hopped on my bed. I opened my laptop and went to Netflix. I began to watch Criminal Minds. It's the best show ever. I'm on season 9 on my third time watching it.

I watched for a while before my dad called us down for dinner.

Thanks for reading chapter 3. Leave a like and a comment if you enjoyed it.

- M.W.