Chapter 39 - Power Struggles & Hope Through Truth

I have taken the time to recover emotionally, because physically I was good as new, but now life has resumed normality. At least, for the most part. Without Tom, my life could never fully be normal because he was what I had subconsciously categorized as natural and essential to my being. Despite the constant reminder that a life without him was an empty one, I also knew that only he could redeem himself. I had played my part in the movie of his life, but only he can determine if my role was permanent. I had to step away, and I should have done it sooner.

Now, as I walked towards Charms class, I contemplated on Professor Trelawney's words during today's Divination class. Having Tom's staring eyes burn into my skull made it difficult to process the words, but as I contemplated on them now I knew I needed to hear them.

"Similar to life, I myself am strange and unusual; embrace your uniqueness, my children! If there is anything you can learn from this class and the interesting courses of life is to never refuse the prompting of fate, let it go and let it be. Good people and good times are truthfully what will prevail because destiny is just!"

As soon as these words left her lips, I understood that, in time, everything would be alright. This confirmed my worries and cries were not in vain, I have acted correctly. I will continue down my path and Tom will continue his, only destiny can bring us where we need to go. Hopefully, destiny would be kind to me and bring Tom Riddle to the light.

Placing my hand on the door to the Charms classroom, someone placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Athena, good to see you are well. Please join me in my office after school.", Headmaster Dumbledore stated.

His eyes clearly showed he had many revelations waiting to be expressed, but he simply smiled at me kindly and continued walking after I nodded at him in acknowledgement of his words.

Strange, I had done nothing wrong and I had already finished learning and handing in work for the lost material during my time in the hospital wing. I deeply desired to know what he wanted from me, but I would find out in a few hours.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Standing in front of a large golden gargoyle, I recited the password and made my way into Dumbledore's office. The large circular room was filled with images of the Headmasters before him, as well as many objects and an array of books. Dumbledore stood near his desk, and his phoenix next to him. He noticed my presence and ushered me to walk towards him.

"Athena, thank you for joining me.", said Headmaster Dumbledore.

"Well, of course, it is not a problem at all.", I replied.

He hummed in response and started walking in a circle around me, as if thinking of what to say next.

"Headmaster Dumbledore, have I done something wrong?", I questioned timidly.

"The opposite actually.", he answered as he stopped his small steps that trapped me in place.

"What do you mean?"

"Well dear, as you know, I have witnessed many things in my lifetime."

"Yes, this I know. But, why am I here?", I inquired with intrigue.

"The light within you is most bright, one of the brightest burning light I've seen in many years.", he beamed.

"Oh... umm... thank you?"

"There is someone who you have touched with this light, is there not?", he asks walking back to his desk.

"I apologize, but I do not know what you're talking about Professor.", I reply hastily.