Author's Note

Hey, you made it to the end of this book! Thank you so much for reading it and I hope that you loved it as much as I loved making it. Again, reminder that I am in NO WAY a professional writer meaning this book is truly only to use a creative outlet in order to have fun and submerge myself further into a fandom dear to my heart. This book was going to be a tad different to how it turned out, but I prefer the course that it took over anything else I may have initially planned. I like happy endings because, although tragedy is inevitable, books are a method of escapism from the bleak aspects of our reality and I wanted to give the reader proper closure and a redeemed Tom Riddle. In addition, I was going to do enemies to lovers sort of 100 chapters only lovers for 10 chapters sort of slow burn, but I decided against it. I wanted their story to be more "medium burn" (yes, I just invented the term) in order for everyone to see that what was pulling in Athena towards Tom all along was the goodness inside of him, whether she knew it or not (idk if that makes sense?). So, this book is now my baby and, again, I truly hope you enjoyed reading it.

To finish, would you like a "years later" chapter? If yes, comment and provide any ideas you may have about their potential futures!

Also, I have made two Pinterest boards; one dedicated to Tom Riddle and one to Athena Alastair. Would you like for me to provide a link to those boards? It provides an aesthetic, extra imagery, places and objects relevant to the characters' development, characteristics and situations throughout the story. By the way, Athena's board does not have a fancast because even though I described her as dark haired, dark eyed and being approximately 5'7-5'8; I still want everyone to be able to imagine the weight, hair type and/or skin color of their preference. On the other hand, Tom looks exactly like the movie actor (Christian Coulson) but taller.

God bless you all and know that you are loved <3