24 | yeℓℓoω ραges

I looked up love in the yellow pages

So I would be free from it

Chapter 24 ~ Yellow Pages

      Jamie Myers

He said it. The L word. The four letter word that need not to be spoken unless in extremely extreme conditions. We were way too early in our relationship to start thinking about the L word, but it seemed as though Scar didn't get the memo because he told me he loved me. He loved me.

How was I supposed to respond to that? I had never been in a relationship before, let alone, loved someone before. I loved my parents and Jillian, but they were different because they didn't have pale green eyes, shaggy brown hair, and a cute little smile. They weren't Scar.

I didn't know how he could use the word so easily, like it was no big deal. Maybe it wasn't, because he thought he loved Francesca too. Maybe this was normal. Maybe loving someone was something people did on a regular day basis. Even then, I still couldn't find myself reciprocating those feelings. I liked Scar, a lot, but love?

It was safe to say that I had been keeping myself distant from Scar because of the whole dilemma with the L word and everything. Maybe it was stupid of me, since everyone claimed to love someone after sex because sex blinds you in that way. But I still felt uncomfortable being around Scar, so I tried to stay away from him as much as I could - which was awfully hard since we shared the same house.

But tonight, I couldn't avoid him because he invited me to go to Trey's New Year's Eve party. Saying no would make me look bad and cause Scar to ask questions that I didn't want to answer, so I decided to suck it up and go with him. Maybe if I acted like he didn't say those three words to me, then we'd be okay.

I turned the house key that Scar gave to me into the lock and swung the front door open, making sure to slide the key necklace back around my neck. The house was eerily silent, which led me to believe that Mrs. Patterson took a trip down to the bar to celebrate the upcoming new year, and Jillian took Amy somewhere that Scar would never approve of. He would never understand it, but Jillian was only trying to show Amy a good time instead of having her in the house and brooding over life.

The minute I stepped into Scar's bedroom, my jaw dropped.

He was sitting on the floor with his back propped up against the edge of his bed and his eyes were glued to the TV. It would've been a normal scene, if it was under different circumstances, but the TV screen was filled with plenty of naked men and a series of moans erupted from the TV speakers.

"What are you doing?" I questioned as I inched my way into the bedroom.

Scar's attention instantly snapped to mine and his lips curled into a sloppy smile. "You're back early."

"Yeah, I didn't have to steal anything this time. I just had to fix up some of the old cars." My attention was still fixed on the scene unfolding in front of me. Why was he watching gay porn?

Scar nodded as he returned his gaze to the TV screen. "Did he keep his hands to himself?"

"Yes." I glanced down at the loose fitting jeans he was wearing, and I could see that he wasn't hard - not that I expected him to be. So, why was he watching gay porn? "Uh, Scar, what are you ... What are you watching?"

"Porn," he said simply, shrugging his shoulders.

"Yeah, I can ... I can see that. I mean, why are you watching porn?"

"Thought it'd be interesting," he replied with another careless shrug. "How do they get like three dicks in there? Is that even possible?" He asked all of a sudden with his brows pulled into a line.