08 | ∂rυnk

What didn't kill me

It never made me stronger

Chapter 08 ~ Drunk

Jamie Myers

Propping my legs up on the nearby table and sticking my lit cigarette into the corner of my mouth, I settled my full attention on the tall man in front of me whose caramel colored skin seemed more flawless every time I saw him. He was beautiful, no doubt, and I bet he would be able to please any girl he wanted to. "I skipped school for this, so this better pay good."

He folded his muscled arms against his equally toned chest. "I didn't call you here for a job."

I perked up in my seat. "Then why am I here? Oh wait, you're not firing me are you?" Suddenly, the thoughts of what I would do if I didn't have this job entered my mind and they were anything but comforting. I needed the money. "I promise I'll work harder or something, but please don't fire me!"

He laughed softly in response. "I am not firing you, Myers."

"Then what is it?"

He didn't answer my question directly. Instead he kept his intense dark eyes on me for a few silent moments, before sighing and turning to face a conspicuous painting on the garage wall. "Have you ever been with a man before?" He didn't look at me when he said it.

My brows knitted together in confusion. "Uh, why is that important?" For the few months that I've been working for the boss, he never cared about my personal life. In fact, he never asked me questions unless it had to do with stealing cars. It was simple. The boss didn't care. Well, up until now.

He shifted his gaze to mine. "Have you ever been with a man before?" He repeated as he glared holes into my forehead with his fixed stare.

Too many to count. I shrugged my shoulders with nonchalance. "I've been with a few boys."

"You're not listening," he snapped. "I said, have you been with a man before?"

Suddenly, I began to feel my breath constrict in my lungs. He had gotten all but a few inches away from me while looking down at me with his dark lustful eyes. The atmosphere changed so quickly that I had to loosen the neckline of my shirt in an attempt to relieve this new founded heat. "Uh, um ... I don't ... Why are you..."

The boss' lips curled into a grin, exposing a row of straight white teeth. He never smiled and it was starting to freak me out. "You're even cuter when you get all clammy."

"Am I, like, missing something?" I had to be. This wasn't real life. How could my boss, the guy who held the same bored expression all the time, be seriously making a move on me?

He kept his trained gaze on me before sighing. "Take your clothes off," he ordered in a demanding tone.

My eyes opened wide and my throat went dry as I tried to come to terms with what was going on. When he saw I wasn't going to make a move, he grabbed the hem of his shirt and slid it up over his head, revealing his defined abdomen and lines angling down into his pants that hung low around his waist.

He smirked at me then, and it wasn't the sexy kind of smirk either. It was an all knowing smirk - the same one I would give to Scar to make him feel uncomfortable.

And boy was he making me uncomfortable.

"I'm s-so c-confused," I managed to choke out.

The boss took another step closer, closing whatever space was left between us. He was so close that I could reach out and run my hands along his sexy abs, but I couldn't. I wouldn't.