30 | αғιre ℓove

• Dedicated to e v e r y o n e

With your body next to mine

Our hearts will beat as one

Chapter 30 ~ Afire Love

      Jamie Myers

Three weeks later.

Sunday afternoons quickly became known for our family gatherings around the kitchen. It seemed to be the only time when we could talk without bickering or arguing about trivial matters. It also seemed to be the time when everyone opened up about their future plans or events that occurred during the previous week. I would have never agreed to such family bonding, but it succeeded in bringing us closer together.

After three weeks of no drama, it was safe to say that everything was okay again.

"Amy is going on her first date," Jillian blurted out as she stuffed a chocolate covered strawberry into her mouth.

As soon as the news permeated the air, Amy sunk into her seat and slapped her hands on her forehead, letting her brown ringlets fall over her face. "Thanks, Jill."

Jillian responded with a smile. "No problem."

I playfully nudged Amy in the side. "Seriously? With who?"

Amy opened her mouth to respond, but Jillian beat her to it. "His name is Gregory. They're lab partners."

A wave of happiness swept over me. "Amy, that's amazing!"

She nodded and shrugged it off like it was no big deal.

Scar strolled into the kitchen with the twins attached to his sides and he rudely pushed past Jillian to grab a strawberry from the bowl placed on the counter. "Good job, sis. You finally found someone to love you. Double chin and all."

I quickly snatched a strawberry from the bowl and threw it at his head.

He yelped in pain. "What the hell?"

"Stop talking," I snapped at him.

Scar drilled holes into my head with his deadly glare, but nevertheless, he smiled at his sister. "Awesome, Amy. I'm proud of you."

I flashed him a satisfied smirk. "Thank you."

Scar responded by rolling his eyes and grabbing more strawberries from the fruit bowl. He popped them into his mouth one after the other, not even bothering to chew.

Amy released a frustrated groan. "It's not a big deal, guys. We haven't even gone on the date yet. He could be horrible for all we know."

Jillian placed her hands on her hips as though she was preparing to give some sort of grand speech. "It is a big deal, Amy. Don't let anyone tell you any different. It's the nice ones who are the keepers. The bad boys with the pretty eyes are only going to break your heart in the end. Whether it's by sleeping with the sluttiest girl to ever walk the planet or by other means."

She finished with a tight lipped smile, but I could tell she was hurting inside. Finding out her boyfriend was sleeping with Francesca behind her back only confirmed my original thought that he was jerk. If there was anything I knew about Jillian, it was that she hated when I was right.

"Jill," I started to say, but she raised her hand to silence me.

"No," she snapped. "Nope. Do not even go there."

I put up my hands in surrender. "I won't."

Mrs.Patterson appeared beside Scar and slapped his hand away when he attempted to reach for another chocolate covered strawberry. She scowled in disapproval and squeezed between him and Jillian to grab the fruit bowl. "This isn't for you guys," she asserted. "This is for Ryan's friend's birthday party."