28 | αυтυмn ℓeαves

Gif of Trey to the side, because for some oddly odd reason, people are forgetting he's black.

Do you ever wonder?

If the stars shine out for you?

Chapter 28 ~ Autumn Leaves

      Jamie Myers

Was I a bad brother?

Sure, I might have made some poor decisions when it came to Jillian's safety and well-being in the past. But now I was trying to do everything in my power to make sure she didn't get hurt. It wasn't like I wanted her to remain single for the rest of her life, but Blake just wasn't the right guy for her.

My overly-protective actions came back to bite me in the ass, because Jillian did not talk to me once since that night. Us having shared the same womb and everything meant we were practically inseparable. I never thought it'd be possible to not talk to my sister. It was obviously a piece of cake for Jillian, because she went a whole week without talking to me.

"Quit frowning," Scar ordered from beside me. "She'll talk to you eventually."

"Eventually?" I questioned, feeling completely repulsed by the word. "I don't want her to talk to me eventually. I want us to go back to being siblings."

Despite the fact that I felt like shit, Scar's lips tugged into a smug grin as he fell back onto the bed. "You never stopped."

Scar never seemed to have a problem with Blake, and I didn't understand why. He would've acted the same way if a douche with a stupid name tried to flirt with Amy. "You're supposed to be taking my side," I pointed out.

"I am taking your side."

I sent him a quick glare. "Then why are you not doing anything about it?"

Scar's lips peeled back into a satisfied grin, exposing rows of pearly white teeth. "She's your sister, not mine. Besides, you should allow her to make her own mistakes. If she wants to date Ake, then let her."

I cringed at the sound of that stupid name. "You annoy me."

He sat up and stretched, forehead crinkling as he glanced down at his cell phone at the edge of his bed. The small device vibrated heavily against the mattress and the screen illuminated itself with Trey's picture. It was the fourth time - I counted - that Trey had called today, and it was the fourth time that Scar didn't pick up the phone.

"You never told me about what happened with Trey," I pried. I knew that there was no possibility that Scar could have romantic feelings towards his best friend, but there was always this nagging feeling in the back of mind that he did. With Trey calling him way more times than he should, I was starting to get suspicious.

He slouched back onto the bed. "Things are good. We're friends again."

I glanced back at his phone. "Then why are you ignoring him?"

"I talked to him last night. We don't really need to talk all hours of the day because that would be weird." His dark brows furrowed as he thought it over, then he smiled.

I couldn't help but ask, "You don't like him, do you?"

Scar shot me a puzzled look. "Why are you asking?"

Trey did know him longer than I did and Scar knew him better than he knew me. I hated myself for being so paranoid, but I couldn't rule out the possibility. "Trey is an attractive guy."

He lifted a brow. "Seriously? I didn't know black guys were your type."

My lips tugged into a comical grin before I could stop it. "Neither are straight guys, but look where that got us."