21 | ∂oɴ'т

And I never saw him as a threat until

You disappeared with him to have sex

Chapter 21 ~ Don't

    Scar Patterson

There was something about Jamie's demeanor that was angry. I wasn't sure if it was because I had insisted to accompany him on this car-stealing trip, but his hands gripped the steering wheel tightly, his eyes remained fixed on the road, and his foot pushed harder on the gas. I had to hold onto my seat and constantly check if my seatbelt was secure in response to Jamie's fast, aggressive driving.

"Dude, can you slow down, please?" I tried to ask in a calm voice, but it sounded more like a frightened squeal. "You're pushing eighty."

Jamie's lips curved into a smile, but he still didn't slow down. "What happened to being able to handle a little danger, huh?"

A little danger, I was completely fine with. I didn't expect Jamie to take me to an underground garage filled with cars and cameras. I stood by as he did his thing, growing more scared by the second. I was almost sure someone was going to catch us, but in about ten minutes time, we were already on the highway in a way more luxurious car compared to my Jeep. Not only was I scared out of my mind for being an accomplice in this dirty deed, Jamie didn't help ease my mind by going thirty miles over the speed limit and having no remorse about it.

"How can you be so calm?" I questioned him. "Don't you have a conscience or something?"

He shrugged. "I do. I just choose not to listen to it."

Rolling my eyes and turning to look out the window, I became incredibly freaked out by how fast the trees were whooshing past us. "I think I'm going to puke," I commented, which successfully made Jamie's eyes snap to mine.

"Do not," he spat. "If you puke in this car, my boss will kill me. But not before I kill you first."

I pressed myself against the window and stared at him with wide eyes. "I wasn't being serious."

He clenched his jaw before returning his eyes to the road, slamming hard on the gas and allowing us to climb up another ten miles per hour. The only thing that eased my mind was the fact that it was three in the morning and there was barely anyone on the road.

"I told you not to come," he began, "but you insisted, so please don't whine and complain."

He was right. I brought this on myself, so I couldn't complain. "But can you please slow down?"

He sighed. "No, I'm on a tight schedule."

"Couldn't your boss wait like another day or something?"

He sighed again. "No."

"Why? Does he not have a family or something to do other than harass you?"

"No."

"Is he scary looking?"

He snapped his gaze to mine. "Please stop asking questions."

The irritated tone he used convinced me to stay quiet. I sunk further into my seat and squeezed my eyes shut to prevent myself from freaking out from the ridiculously fast speed we were going.

By the time we arrived at Jamie's destination, I had already had several heart attacks. I'd never done anything rebellious besides drinking when I wasn't supposed to, which wasn't nearly as illegal as stealing cars was. What bothered me the most was that Jamie was completely fine with it. He acted like we hadn't just stolen an expensive car.