TTBI .10

I instantly flew from the bed. The moment I felt water all over me. The pillow slammed against my head and I fell flat on the center rug in the middle of the room with a split headache.

Slightly, I opened my eyes and found yinka bent over me. A pillow in one hand and a small blue bucket on the floor next to her. She drew her brows together.

"Where were you last night?" Came her sharp voice pouring out annoyance.

" What??? " I asked half dreamily.

She grinned evily and poured the remaining content over my head again. This time around I scrambled up almost choking.

" What is wrong with you?" I lashed at her.

" You are wrong with me. She voiced crazily and folded her hands angrily over her chest. Benita called and said you didn't come to pick the dress I'd ordered as promised... Boma called and asked about you and said somethings that were not my business.... I called you but you didn't pick. You didn't even bother calling me back. Now I woke up and found you cuddled up in bed .... Where the hell were you last night???? " She demanded. Looking horrifically at me.

I glared at the pink short night dress she wore. Her heavy looking braids popping out of her hair net. Her eyes petrified for reasons unknown to me. She was a total mess.

Which reminded me how worse I was.

Water streamed down my body and braids. Even my short,purple silk kimono that served as my night dress. My hair was scattered, wet and itchy and my cloth clung to every figure of my body.

I stared back at her again. How do I explain to her that I forgot?How do I tell her that I got embarrassed by an idiot at the mall yesterday? It probably would've been trending on Facebook and Twitter already. Do I tell her that I hadn't been going to work for over two days and still wouldn't be going today? How do I explain how I got home last night because I too couldn't remember.

"I'm waiting" She reminded.

I eyed her suspiciously.

" Don't you have any important exams you're meant to be preparing for?" I asked.

" Well...Y..yes. But-

I stood up, picked the pillow and headed over to sleep on her bed.

"You haven't answered my question". She clarified.

" Neither have you". I retorted.

I heard her growl like the animal she was.

" Mom put on the generator early this morning". She finally said.

I snapped my head in her direction. If I knew for a reason that my mother had done something irregular that had to do with cost without thinking twice. Then, someone important was here.

Someone important was here.

Someone very important to her was here and she was trying to impress. This time around who? Because she didn't not just put on the generator for Uncle bosun and his likes.

" Who's here?"

She cleared her throat dramatically.

" Did I ever tell you. That this particular woman had been visiting mom for the past week now?" She asked.

" No!" I voiced.

" Well now you know. She chuckled. The amazing part of it all is that she happened to be the wife of a no longer serving senator. But as at the time she was young. Mom's best friend in Secondary School."

I was totally gobsmacked.

" How could you have forgotten to tell me this whole time?"

" You didn't ask. But, now that you know you'd better come out." She walked out of the room and slammed the door hard.

I reluctantly stood off the bed, walked over to my vanity and carelessly wore my hair net over my head before stepping out. The perfume hung up in the atmosphere was too strong and possessive to be cheap. I walked into the second living room where I saw yinka talking to a girl around her age in the dinning right behind the parlor I stood at.

Her backed was turned against me. But, I could see Erica in her hands tugging softly at her hair in nothing but pampers. The girl wore a knee reaching peached colored, net full sleeveless dress and it was obvious whoever her parents were- They were rich. Her dangling gold earrings and thin golden necklace glittered under the light. Even her low heeled italian shoe too. I kept on staring at her until she eventually turned around and our eyes met. She gave me a beautiful smile as she ran over to meet me.

" I can't believe I finally got to meet you." She gave me a hug admist my wet clothes.

" And you are?"I trailed off with a smile. She released me as yinka stood by her side.

" She's Okiki Bachor. Daughter of no longer serving senator Michael Bachor....Can you believe it?" She threw her arms over Okiki's shoulders.

" It's nothing. She blushed. My entire family has been dying to meet Erica's mom - I mean she's so cute. At a point I agreed she looked like me." She joked.

" Really?. I laughed. While, walking to the dinning table. I pulled out a chair and sat. Yinka sat directly opposite me now. She does." I teased.

She beamed.

" Call me Kiki. She pointed. Everyone calls me that. Your mom and yinka said a lot about you.... My brother's are really eager to meet you also. And I'm dying to meet your husband. I can't believe he's a doctor in UK - he must be really rich- Hey maybe he knows my big brother he's also a doctor in UK." She said patting Erica.

What?

I suddenly turned to Yinka. Her eyes were glued to her phone. I was shocked to the extent.... I didn't know what to say or how to react.

"My what?" I asked clearing my throat.

Okiki's expression changed.
" Your husband-

" - Your husband in UK. Mike.... Yinka concluded- Erica's father." She said- authority and finality booming behind her voice.

I couldn't believe Yinka lied about Erica's father. A big fucking lie! Should I tell Kiki all this was a lie? should I tell her I was raped three years ago and Erica's father was an unknown poverty stricken hungry thief?. I couldn't tell her that.

I felt like slapping Yinka for this. Why did always she run her mouth like an over powered generator? Why couldn't she just keep quiet for once in her life?
I stretched on the table to pick up my phone that'd been surisingly laying there. God knows why... I stared at okiki again and her dark passionate familiar looking eyes were staring right back with an arched brow. Her purple box braids left loose gave her a goddess like appearance. Where had I seen her before?. I asked myself.

A/N: Hey🖖😅. You guys should please bear with me.... This chapter is long n boring I Kno.... As much as I like to write I hate to type. So, please help a sister

#Vote.

#Comment( u ghost readers 😭😏🙆)
# Share.

I still love u guys.... Holla🖖