TTBI .20

"What?" I mumbled completely stricken.

"Did you not understand a thing I said?"

     I bit my lip furiously, slamming my hands on the desk.

"If you don't get out of my chair and out of my office. I promise it won't end well." I snorted.

"Is that a threat?" She asked. Pretending to be astonished.

"You've got to calm down Rita. It's just a warning letter—"

"Don't tell me to calm down. I screamed at Boma. It's a sack letter not a warning letter. I put so much into this job. Sacrificed a lot…my future…my entire effort into– into this...". I trailed off as I watched the new secretary pick the phone and call security.

I became infuriated.

"Where's stella?" I voiced as I picked the letter and stormed off to her office. Which was just directly behind my former desk.

"Wait. Boma called, hurrying after me. It's not–"

"Would you please just leave me alone. I voiced angrily at her. How could you not know what had happened. How could you not tell me about this... How could you be so selfish as to keep this to yourself knowing fully well what was on ground in terms of my life—"

    Boma furrowed her brows after me.

" Why are you so sudden to put the blame on me. It's not like I didn't try to call you. Or send you a message.  It's not like I didn't ask about you everywhere and here you are trying to blame me. For your sudden letter. Please Rita not today. I won't take the blame from you."

I gave a loud knock outside the door. While Boma just stood there obviously annoyed with me. No one responded. I knocked again and this time. Burst into her office and the sight before me sickened me to my stomach.

Bankoles p.o.v

   The way the door burst open. The way she'd barged in. The expression on her face obvious she wasn't pleased to see me– mine that of irritation like; what the fuck does she want now?. It would've been a big surprise to see Rita here on a normal day after what transpired between us– Nothing was normal again. Even a bigger surprise to see her standing right in my office. But, unfortunately it wasn't.
  Her eyes were bloodshot probably from tears and she wore a pink straight gown that reflected her figure. I almost sneered. Her sleeves were utterly long and puffed with cute white cufflinks. I hated to admit it. But, who was she trying to seduce? She stood there immobile unable to speak as she put the pieces together. Pieces which were very clear as to why she barged into my office. Now this was the perfect time for payback. I settled more comfortably with a smirk.