TTBI .02

Narrators p.o.v

  Yinka and Rita were caught flat footed by the attack. While, Yinka lay unconscious on the dirty floor, Rita nervous and afraid stared wide eyed at the stranger closing the gate. He also wore a mask, though she couldn't see his face. She was sure she'd seen him somewhere before. But,she couldn't just remember.

      The medium heightened stranger,with ropy muscles wearing a sleeveless shirt widely exposing a scary looking snake tattoo on his upper arm,his lanky frame wearing baggy trousers and black rubber boots.

     She closed her eyes for a minute trying to recollect where she'd seen him. Staring back at him. That instant scarf guy noticed her gaze and urged her forward. She fell between her legs on her knee.

    A sharp cry of pain pierced through the night like a bullet to a man.

Rita's p.o.v

" Move it !" He said dryly; showing no form of remorse. This were thieves. I reminded myself. They had no conscience,no heart – just pure evilness running through their veins.

     I closed my eyes on the floor. The pain shooting at different angles of my left leg. At a point it felt like death then I realized. If a twisted ankle hurt so bad. How would death be like?

Christ!.

       When he noticed that I wasn't standing up anytime soon. He pointed the gun to the back of my head and said something that made me swirl In thoughts.

" Move it. Unless, you want to join the others"

      Snake tattoo walked over to Yinka, leaving me still pondering how a small and lanky man who barely looked strong enough could carry Yinka.

" What happened to the others? Please don't kill us." I muttered between clenched teeth.

    Scarf guy chuckled looking down at my face.

" Aren't you the little angel– I looked away– that's what Eke wants.But, we want otherwise." He replied crisply. Before I could ask who this ' Eke ' of a person was. He swept me in his arms and tossed me across his shoulder. A very uncomfortable position that left me dangling in the air. I tried to wiggle my way out but couldn't. In no time both men,who were carrying both of us started moving up the stairs. If I'd fainted and awoken then. I would've argued that those weren't the stairways of my fathers house.

       The strong stench of Alcohol and cigarettes hovered about in the air. The  glass framed photo of last years Christmas shattered at the top of the stairs.

      I gulped.When I noticed the trail of dried blood at the end of the door.

" Somebody's hurt" I muttered to myself.

     Scarf guy laughed cunningly.

" If you don't shut up someone would have to die." He said.

    The odour that oozed out of his mouth from his rope thick lips was so terrifying. I almost passed out. And that was it. The End..

    We got to the top of the stairs and he barged in like the mad man that he was. Suddenly, there was a black out. Aside the pitch darkness. I heard.