Chapter 1

I edited that picture on the top a bit with those phrases but the art isn't mine. But the title is and the white phrases. Now enjoy the story!

Around Five years ago

There was a little girl the staff members were waiting for. Her parents murdered and her grandpa recently passed. The black car containing the girl arrived and the driver opened the door for the girl. She stepped out of the car like an elegant lady. She learned how to walk about ten months ago when she was 1 and about 2 months old. She was wearing a black, small dress. Very shiny black shoes with a black top hat. She looked very fancy if anyone could say. But no one said a thing. She just lost everyone she had.

The leading person of the orphanage came up to her and stretched out her hand.

"Christine Garvin, nice to meet you".

The little girl looked at the woman and took her hand.

" Marinette, pleasured to meet you". Though She vocabulary was outstanding, she had the voice of a baby. And pronouncing the 'R' was definitely a challenge.

She gave the woman a small smile and continued holding the womans hand. The woman understood what was going through her head and showed her the orphanage.

After several days, Marinette decided it was time to come out of her bedroom and enjoy some fresh air. She put on some shoes and a nice yellow dress she had. She put on a sun hat and left her bedroom. She was walking down the halls and she tripped. She was extremely scared and waited for the pain to come. But no.

Someone was holding her. And this person was very old. Well, in her head.

"Are you ok"?

" Yes. Thank you for saving me. You have no idea what would've happened If I did fall".

"You would cry".

" No. Much worse. I just had a little surgery recently. So my stitches would open up and yeah".

"Oh. Well I'm sorry to hear that. I'm Richard Grayson by the way. But you can call me Dick". He smiled.

" Interesting. You go by your male genitals. I'm Marinette. And I'm two"! The boy got a little surprised to know that she knew what his name basically meant.

"Well, you definitely don't sound like a two year old".

" I was raised in a very uh, how do I say it. Sophisticated, family. So there are reasons to why I sound so mature or something. I don't know. Do you want to be friends "? She gave him a smile.

" Sure"!

She smiled even brighter.

"I'm 12 by the way. I'm ten years older than you"! He started teasing her.

" well I have more brains cells than you ever will"!

"Ehh, fair enough".

And that's how it all started. Many weeks passed and the two were inseparable. Marinette saw him as more than a friend. And more than a brother. She saw him as a father figure. He was always there for her. He cared for her as if his own child. He did everything possible for her to keep on smiling. Until the day all children wanted to come, soon came. Christmas season was the best. And the best time for adoption.

There was a very large man that entered the double doors to the leader's office. He asked for his preferences of what he wanted the kid to have. And only one boy fit all categories.