Family Reunion

Third Person Perspective

"I finally get to see her, after 8 years." Reiner looks back and smiles at her daughter. She slightly cowers away and Ichika's fumes get bigger and bigger.

"What did you do to my daughter?" Ichika didn't realize she soon had a few watchers.

"She's just as much of mine as she is yours. After all, she does have my eyes." Reiner continues to tease her when she finally charges at him. She tackles him to the ground, trying to get out of view of her daughter.

"Go find uncle Kaiyo, blossom. Please!" She pleaded with her eyes at her daughter, giving Reiner the advantage to flip her over, him being on top of her.

"Mommy!" Sakura began to run to her mom but was stopped by a certain dark-haired male.

"Come with me, your mom will be okay." He carefully picked her up, her not struggling like she did the first time he picked her up. She knew Levi was a friend of her mom's, a very good friend, she thought. Levi used his ODM gear to bring her to the roof he was just standing on with Commander Erwin.

Ichika freed her hand and elbowed him in the neck, kicking him off of her. She pinned him down and began slamming punches into his face. He managed to block the first few, some getting through. Erwin covered up Sakura's eyes and she hit away under his cloak when he hunched over.

"I thought about giving you a chance! But, you never earned it!" Ichika pounded her fists into the sides of his face, his face bleeding all over. "You did this to me! This is all your fault." As bloody as he was when she stopped sending punches, he laughed.

"Oh sweetheart, so many things you don't know." He slipped his foot out and kicked her with so much force, her body went through the store window behind her. She slowly got up from the ground, the cut from her leg opening back up and small cuts forming from the broken glass. She picked up a large shard, cutting her hand, and walking back through the window. Reiner wiped the blood from his eyes, preparing for her next attack. He watched her for years at training to figure out her patterns. When she charged at him, she jumped at him, recreating the move she used multiple times. He read it earlier than she thought, him just dodging it and sending his elbow into her stomach, sending her to the ground. She kicked her feet up, jumping back up, ignoring the pain pulsating through her whole body. 

Levi examined her. Her grey shirt was ripped on the arm and the chest. Her pants were covered in blood, still intact. Her ponytail that was tied up became loose, ready to fall out at any minute. Her movements were a bit shaky, anyone could notice. He looked over at Sakura, still hiding in Erwin's cloak while he covered her face and he watched. He looked back to see Ichika charge, swiping at Reiner with the glass piece, him dodging her slower attacks, grabbing her wrists, and squeezing, causing the glass to fall out.

"This is really cute, but, I won't be ruthless in front of my own daughter." He pushed Ichika to the ground, finding his horse and soon leaving. Ichika laid on her side on the stone path. She sat up, spitting out the blood that was in her mouth. Erwin and Levi both came down from the roof with Sakura.

"Mommy!" Ichika immediately changed her attitude. She tried standing up and fell back to her knees. Noticing her mother, Sakura ran at her, throwing her arms around her neck. Ichika put one hand on the back of her daughter's head and one on her small back, hugging her close to her.

"Oh blossom." Ichika held in her tears, embracing her daughter as if she'd never see her again. She looked up to see Erwin and Levi awkwardly staring at the two. She mouthed out a thank you to both of them and picked her daughter up. She was very unsteady and Levi noticed, heading towards her side to help her. Sakura was on her hip opposite to her bleeding leg, Levi wrapping his arm around Ichika's waist, keeping her steady.

"Mommy, that man said he was my dad, is that true?" Sakura had tears in her eyes as she stared at her mother. Before Ichika could answer, Levi answered for her.

"No." Ichika looked at him shocked. He just lied to her child, but, the only reason Reiner was considered her father was biologically, otherwise, he meant nothing to her.

"But, his eyes look just like mine."

"Sakura," Her mother softly said to her "he gave mommy the gift of you, but he gave us nothing else."

"But, I want a daddy, mommy you need someone to be there for you like you are for me." Sakura smiled at her mother and then at Levi. Levi stood there shocked. He considered all people brats, especially children. But, Ichika was amazing to him, and Sakura was part of her. Erwin was trying not to laugh, he found this so amusing.

"Hayashi, as heartwarming as this is, I need to take you in to explain why he attacked you." Erwin was curious, him now figuring out that Sakura was Reiner's and Ichika's daughter; mostly Ichika's.

"Yes, sir." She began walking to her horse, Levi holding her up so she wouldn't fall. Ichika placed Sakura on her horse, letting her daughter pet the horse as he rubbed his face into her stretched hand. Ichika smiled, trying to get up on her own, stumbling back into familiar arms. Levi held her and his face turned a small shade of pink.

"Let me help you, you need to get your leg checked again." He grabbed Ichika carefully by the hips and held her up so she could get on the horse.

"Thank you, Levi." She gave him a reassuring smile and the mother and daughter rode towards the scout's building. Levi walked back over to Erwin to see him smirking at him.

"What are you looking at, eyebrows?" Levi asked him, his face going back to its usual cold stare.

"I never thought Levi Ackerman had a heart."

"I'm a human, Erwin. Of course, I do."

"You like her, Levi." He raised his eyebrow as they both started walking towards their houses.

"Sometimes I wish I did kill you." Erwin laughed at his comment, knowing he was only half-serious.

"She's a good woman, Levi. She needs someone like you, just be a little less shitty." Levi lightly nudged Erwin in the side, but he wasn't wrong. Levi certainly did like her, but he had no idea that his feelings were mutual.