There's Always A Way

"I think that's a terrible idea." Levi muttered, making Ichika and Erwin glare at him.

"Levi, this is my mission. I made a promise to so many people, I can't break them now." She put her hand on his shoulder and lightly squeezed it.

"Well, you made a promise to me as well, you better as hell keep it." Levi looked down at her and she smiled at him. He put his hand on top of her head and gave her a small pat.

"Would I ever let my captain down?" She lightly kissed his cheek before turning to the commander.

"Ready, Commander?" Ichika asked and he lightly nodded. Erwin had given his ODM gear to Ichika, meaning she would be able to track her son done better. Erwin and Levi came up with a plan that would sacrifice almost all of their troops to succeed today.

"Cadet," Levi called out before Ichika flew off with her gear. He grabbed the front of her cloak with one hand, pulling her into him. He deeply pressed his lips against hers and she melted into his touch. After a few seconds, he pulled back.

"Don't fuck up, I just kissed you in front of Erwin who's going to tell Hanji." Levi said in a disgusting tone, making her smirk at him. She saluted to the two before using her new ODM gear to get back to the wall. 

She had noticed the squad members trying to take down the armored and colossal titan, hoping they'd succeed in her head. Ichika skimmed the area quickly to see if she could find the small  boy lurking around. He was perched up on a roof a few houses down from Reiner, prepared to pounce if his father got into trouble.

Ichika didn't think twice before quickly flying over to him using her gear.

"Toshiro!" She called out for him, making him turn his head away from the scene in front of him. She managed to get close enough to him without him hearing, meaning she could use some harmless attacks. She wrapped her arms around his waist, trapping his arms in her gasp and flying away from the scene.

"Let go!" Toshiro struggled in her grip, trying to reach the triggers on his gear but he couldn't reach them. Ichika hugged the boy close to her body, taking him to the house furthest away from the fighting. She let him go on top of the roof, making him drop down on his hands and knees. Ichika landed across from him, waiting for him to get up.

"You can't kill me, son. I have so many things to tell you first." She didn't draw her blades, just held her triggers in her hand. She watched her son stand up, bringing his out.

"How do I know you won't just lie to me like father says?"

"Because you'll never get to Sakura if you don't listen." Toshiro tensed up at the sound of his sister's name, bringing his blades down to his sides.

"W-What do you mean?"

"She's under my custody and the scout's protection. Your father will never break her free from where she it."

"You think I'm afraid of the scouts?" Toshiro lightly laughed, not noticing his mother charge after him. She used her triggers to smack him over the head, knocking him out cold.

"You should be," Ichika mumbled, watching her son's body fall down. She squatted down next to him, lightly patting his hair and his temple that was now bleeding.

"I would have avoided this at all costs, but I made a promise to your sister to bring you back home." Ichika grabbed her son's arm and threw his body on top of her shoulders, flying him towards the wall, away from the titans.

Ichika lightly laid him down, disengaging his ODM gear in case he did wake up. She pulled a small cloth from her pocket and wiped the blood from his forehead, seeing it ever so lightly steam.