Sealing the Wall

Third Person Perspective

Ichika was assigned as one of the squads to protect Eren while he tried to seal the hole in the wall. Unlike most of the people here, she had faith in Eren. He was the one who desired to kill the titans the most, after he told Ichika his story, it all made sense. He wanted to avenge his mother. Most of the cadets stood rooves away from Eren as he transformed except for Mikasa and Ichika. They watched him transform, but when Eren transformed he took a swing at the roof they were both on.  

"Mikasa!" Ichika shouted and pushed her off of the roof as Eren's hand barely missed them. Ichika couldn't get her ODM triggers to click, causing her to fall on the ground below her. Her vision became fuzzy and she felt someone wrap their arms around her tiny frame and bring her back up to a roof before Eren could grab her. Mikasa jumped on his face and dodged the large hand that came at her, causing Eren to punch himself, knocking him out on the ground.

"Alright sweetheart, it's time for you to wake up." Ichika's visions straightened, coming to her senses. She looked up to see Reiner standing in front of her, Marco helping her sit up and Eren's titan passed out. 

"I told you not to call me that, asshole. Thank you Marco." He helped her fully stand up, holding her as she stumbled on her injured legs. Out of everyone in the camp, she trusted Marco the most out of the guys. He was the sweetest guy she'd met and she treated him like her own. He gave her a reassuring smile when she could finally stand by herself, ignoring the pain in her right leg.

"That was close, are you okay?" Marco looked at her worried. He barely beat Reiner to saving her from Eren's large feet. Marco did have a small crush on her, but he knew she was years older than him. 

"I'm okay, thanks freckles." She returned his smile and looked back to Eren. Mikasa struggled to wake him up but Armin jumped off the wall to help up. He stood on Eren's nape and begged him to snap out of the trance.

"Alright, until he wakes up, we will keep him free of the titans, understood?" Their squad leader called out, everyone nodding in return.  Everyone broke up, some sticking pairs. Ichika decided to stay by Mikasa, as she wouldn't leave Eren's radius.

"Mikasa, we can keep him safe but we can't stay here, the titan's are going to come towards him." Ichika nudged Mikasa and, without arguing, nodded her head and obeyed her "elder."

They began slicing the napes of titan's who came in Eren's direction. Ichika killed 4 and Mikasa 6. While both landing on a roof, the hear a battle cry out towards Eren. He had finally woken up. They both had smiles on their face and headed towards Eren. Eren picked up the boulder on his back as the two girls jumped to the ground, leading Eren to the wall with Armin. Their other squad mates cleared the path for them, killing every titan in her way. While passing through a main road, Ichika saw Jean running on the ground, his team members watching above him.

"Mikasa, Armin, continue straight to the wall and don't stop for nothing." They both agreed as Ichika swiftly ran into an alley, heading in the direction of Jean. "You idiot, what are you doing?" She yelled once Jean was in sight. But, watching him push his triggers and nothing happened, her eyes widened. His gear wasn't working. She used her ODM to speed faster towards Jean and the titan, when she saw the titan turn the corner, she couldn't find Jean anywhere. Once she was close enough, she grappled onto the titan's neck and sliced it's nape, watching it fall to the ground.

"Jean! Where the hell are you?" She shouted from the alley, looking around. He peered out from the building and she charged him, embracing him as he was alright.

"You're such a little shit! Trying to make me have a heart attack?" She pulled away and punched him in the arm.

"I'm sorry Hayashi, my gear isn't working." She took a second to think before she started removing hers. "Wow, what the hell are you doing?"

"Just take it, I'd rather not have another heart attack." She handed him her gear and looked around, seeing a dead cadet crushed under a lot of building rubble. "You take mine, I take his." 

"Walls, you're crazy." He began putting on her gear quickly before they both ran over the the body. Ichika managed to pull the gear off before a titan came running into the alley. "Today's my lucky day." Ichika was confused until Jean wrapped his arm around her from behind and used his ODM gear to get through the alley, onto a building far enough for her to put her new gear on.

"You could have given me a better warning." He smirked at her. "You can let go of me now." She shrugged him off as he pulled his arms back to his sides, his face turning pink. She began putting the gear on her body, thanking the Walls for a way for her and Jean to live another day. Once she put the gear on, she tested out the gear to see how stiff the triggers are. She shrugged it off and motioned Jean to follow her. They both caught up and saw Eren plug the hole in the wall. Off in the distance, I saw Bertolt, Reiner, and Annie standing on a building far away. The smile dropped off of her face. All three of them were staring at the ground. When the began to head towards the group, Ichika slipped away to find out what they were staring at. After trying to figure out what they were staring at, she saw it.

Marco's dead body laid against a building and her face went pale. She looked up at Reiner to see his face showed no emotion, like he trying to impersonate Captain Levi. He knows what happened, but he's not upset? What the hell is wrong with him? If only she knew...