19. "is that a lip piercing?"

Chapter nineteen

I cried into my knees for the rest of the night, by the side of Danny's bed. By the side of him. His lifeless body. He had killed himself.

The sad thing was, his dad came home at about eleven last night, went straight to sleep. It's now nine am and he hasn't even checked on Danny to see if he was even home.

I had been non stop crying all night. I didn't get any sleep. I came here to sort out our mess, but how could I when he was dead.

An hour or so had past. I had just been staring blankly at the wall opposite me, when suddenly there was in take of breath and some coughing. I gasped as Danny's body moved.

He's alive.

Then it hit me.

I took his hand to find he had the ring on. I sighed. Why didn't I check that earlier?

"Danny? It's okay, everything's going to be okay." I soothed him as he looked around the room frantically.

"What? Tori? What happened?" He panicked.

"Everything is fine, calm down."

He frowned and sat up. "But I killed myself, why am I alive?"

A swallowed a lump in my throat. "The ring, Danny, the ring." I sighed and my eyes teared up again.

"Shit, why didn't I take it off." He said.

"Why did you try to kill yourself Danny?"

I looked up at him, he looked confused. "I didn't want to, it was like, I was someone else."

"What do you mean?" I helped him stand up and we sat on his bed.

He looked at me and blinked. But when he opened his eyes, they weren't his. The were black. They were like huge gaping holes in his eyes. I pushed myself away from him. He blinked again and his brown eyes returned.

"What? Tori, what is it?"

I shook my head. "No-nothing." I stared at him.

"Y'know, I only remember the first part of our date, the last, is a blur." He said randomly.

I frowned. "What?"

"I don't remember."

"You asked me to be your girlfriend and I said that I needed to think about it, you changed completely, you got angry at me and stormed off."

He looked shocked. "I'm sorry Tori." I put my hand on his shoulder. "I don't know what's going on."

I think I did. "I think some sort of witch possessed you, and that knife, got rid of it." I said, almost as a whisper.

"Really?"

"Yes, I remember I once read about it."

"Gees."

I was walking into the school grounds now. I had left Danny to get himself back to normal. To recover from his...death.

I saw Jeremy talking to Tyler. I looked around and found a bench. I sat down and took a book out my bag and pretended to read.

"They say she OD'ed."

"That's what I don't get, she was doing okay."

"Apparently not."

"How did she end up buried in the woods? That's what I don't understand."

"By whoever was with her when she OD'ed."