11. "don't kill him."

Chapter eleven

Damon had met Alaric.

I didn't know what to say, I knew what Damon was like, he would try to be smart and someone would end up getting hurt.

I slowly walked out of the grill after a quick shift. I took in the cool, starry night. I felt like I was being watched by a million eyes. The moon was visible tonight and it reflected beautifully onto the duck pond in the middle of the square.

It was a majestic night. And for once in my life I was quite happy. I walked right of the grill and round the corner where I found Alaric getting out of his car. I stayed hidden. I felt another presence.

Two minutes later Damon had appeared behind Alaric and he cleared his throat.

Don't do anything stupid dad. I said to myself.

Alaric turned around and took in Damon's appearance.

"I don't think we've met, I'm Damon Salvatore." He offered his hand.

Alaric stared at it but took it anyway. "Alaric, Alaric Saltzman." I couldn't see Dads face but I bet he was smirking. "Hey, you don't think you could show me around, new here."

"Of course." He turned around to start walking but suddenly he let out a cry of pain and started coughing. I frowned. Then I noticed a needle stuck into his shoulder. Vervain.

"Dad!" I cried and ran towards them. I shoved Alaric and pulled the syringe out of his shoulder, but it was too late, it was all in his system.

Alaric stabbed me in my stomach and I curled over. He kicked damon onto the floor and he rolled him onto his back. Damon was useless, he was chocking on the vervain. Alaric had a stake in his hand.

"No!" I shouted. "Don't kill him!" I cried.

Alaric looked at me, like he felt sorry for me. Dad looked emotionless. But he looked at me and mouthed. "I love you."

And next thing I knew the stake was in his heart and his body was slowly turning grey, rotting from top to bottom.

He was dead.

I woke up suddenly screaming, crying and sweating. It was just a nightmare. It wasn't real. Damon came running into the room and I jumped out of bed and clung myself to him. He was confused but he kissed my head and hugged me back.

I don't know what I would do if my dad was to die.

He was loved by many, though he didn't believe that.

A/N

Sorry random chapter, sorry if I made you cry, or caused feels, but I honestly had major writers block so I added this mini chapter.

Vote and comment.

Liv x

Update: I've changed Shane's name to Danny as there is a Shane already, I'm such an idiot