4. "are you dateless too?"

Chapter four

I couldn't face my dad and Stefan. Not after the other night. After I killed coach tanner, I couldn't stop myself. It's been a week and I've only just managed to control myself. Right now I'm sat in the grill. I watched as a group of boys came into the bar, they looked like they were in a band or something. That gave me an idea. I jumped of the bar stool and found the manager. "Do you know what you need?" I asked.

"No Tori, what do I need?" He said sarcastically whilst sorting menus.

"Live entertainment" I smirked.

"No" he answered straight away.

"Aw, come on, just think how many customers you will attract...and I'm willing to volunteer, I have had a great music experience, I even went to a music school for two years...please!" I begged.

He studied me hard. I wasn't going to compel him straight away. "Fine" he sighed. I clapped my hands and ran out of the grill bumbling into Jeremy.

"Hey" he said. I looked him up and down, he's been drinking...again.

"I have to go" I said walking past him but he grabbed my arm.

"What have I done wrong?" He asked still holding me. "Look I'm sorry for kissing you, but it's true I like you too."

I shook my head and left without saying anything.

I I jumped into my car and headed towards the mall. If I was going to be live entertainment, I needed to look the part. I revved the engine of my powerful red Ferrari and I shot off.

After two hours of circling the mall, my mission was accomplished. I had bought a whole wardrobe full of clothes, I also bought an acoustic guitar. I arrived home and took the guitar out the case. Thank god, my dad and Stefan were out. I cleared my throat and started to play Paramore, the song decode. I strummed the first note.

"Wow" said a voice. I dropped my guitar and span round with vampire speed taking defence mode. There stood Damon, my dad. I glared at him. "No, really your amazing" he said walking over to me. I relaxed.

"Thanks" I muttered.

"Paramores new album?" He smiled sitting on the chair in my bedroom.

"Yup" I said picking up my guitar and placing it in the case. I turned to face him and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Did you have a delicious Friday night?" He smirked at me. I rolled my eyes.

"That was so your fault" I said standing up and walking past him. He grabbed my arm and pulled me onto his lap. He hugged me.

"I can't tell you how much I missed you" he said brushing my hair. I relaxed a little bit although I'm basically the same height as him and I'm not a kid anymore, I liked it. . "Will you play another song for me?" He smiled. I nodded.

I ended up playing three more songs for him and I told him about performing at the grill. By now we were downstairs. Zach came in the room. "I didn't know you were here." He said. Crap, he must of heard me singing. I blush mentally.

"Just going through Stefan's homework. Boy, this country sure has dumbed down in the last hundred years. Why he wants to go to high school is beyond me. I mean, in the seventies, he went Ivy League. Harvard, I understood. Actually, no. I didn't get that either." He looked at Zach's expression. He sighed, "Go ahead, purge. Get it out. What's on your mind?

"Why are you here, Damon?" He said sharply.

"To spend time with you, Zach. Family's important." He smiled at me I smiled back.