20. "shush, flirt with your eyes."

A/n : Update: I've changed Shane's name to Danny as there is a Shane already, I'm such an idiot

So. It's off hold and after three months, here's a now part with 3500 odd words. I thought I'd make it long.

I'd like to let you know, there's only about 5 chapters left till the end, then I'll be writing the second book. Yay!

Enjoy!

Chapter twenty

Last night was one of the best nights I've had in a long time, and Danny and I are officially an item!

It was another boring day at school, nothing new, nothing old. Elena and I were currently walking in the corridors when we noticed Bonnie. I wonder how she's coping. The spell they did on the tomb was too much for her Grams. It didn't end well. Bonnie has had time off to deal with her loss.

"Bonnie!" I called.

We stopped walking when we caught up with her, "Hey." She smiled softly.

"Hey, I tried to grab you after class but you already taken off. How are you? How's your family?"

Bonnie sighed "We're dealing, it's been hard."

I smiled sympathetically. "We've really missed you Bon."

"Yeah, I just had so much to deal with after Grams' funeral and, honestly after you told me the tomb spell failed I just didn't really want to come back." She explained which was totally understandable.

"I hope that you understand why I called... I wanted you to know before you came home."

"I understand why. I just... shouldn't know." There was a long pause and a lot of tension.

Elena is the first to break the silence, "I know it's been really hard..."

Suddenly Caroline interrupts causing us all to jump slightly.

"Bonnie! Bonnie! Thank god you're home!" She pulls Bonnie into a tight hug. "I know we talked everyday but I missed you." I looked over at Elena , she looked unsettled. "How are you doing?" Caroline asked.

"Better. Better. You know, glad to be back and trying to keep myself busy." Bonnie shrugged.

"Well, I can help with that. Major wardrobe problem. You need to help me pick up the perfect dress for the Founder's court." Caroline said.

My ears perked up at this.

"The Founder's court?" I asked

"The Founder's court! You know, Miss Mystic Falls. They announced it today and Elena and I are both on it. Maybe if you go down to the founders hall you might be able to register with your escort." Caroline smiled.

"Thanks, I might do that."

"Oh my god! We signed up for that so long ago... I completely forgot." Elena said.

Caroline sighed, "So, are you dropping out then?"

"I can't." She replied bluntly. She looks at Bonnie.

"No?"

Bonnie smiles sadly, "Her mom is the one who wanted her to enter."

After school I made my way down to the founders hall with Danny. I really wanted to enter Miss Mystic Falls, it was right up my street!

Danny took hold of my hand as we walked up the stairs of the founders hall. I'm so glad Danny was okay now and that I had agreed to be his girl friend.

"Ah, how can I help you kids?" A woman said, it was Mayor Lockwood's wife.

"I was wondering if it wasn't too late to sign up for Miss Mystic Falls?" I asked.