CHAPTER 19

ROHAN'S POV:

One day I saw Meher talking with Kiara. As Kiara came to attend the board meeting. Meher told me that she does not know Kiara, then how are they talking to each other as if they are very close?

"Hi. How are you Meher and what are you doing here?" Kiara asked.

"I am fine and how are you and yes I work here as PA to Rohan sir and Did you recover?" Meher asked showing her concern towards Kiara.

From what she recovered? There is something which Meher and Kiara know about but I have no idea about it.

"I am recovering Meher. It is not that easy Meher." Replied Kiara  with her voice breaking.

"Do not say about it to anyone especially Bhai." Kiara said.

" How is aunty Meher?" Kiara asked her.

" She is having Alzheimers. You know, no daughter will feel happy that her mother is having that disease but I feel happy because she will at least forget what happened to her both daughters but I feel broken that she does not remember me." Meher said with her wet eyes.

What is it that princess is hiding it from me and what is meher talking about?

I thought to ask her because I know Meher fears me and I know a way to get the truth out of her.

During the meeting, I was still in the thoughts on what Kiara was talking about. Before leaving also Kiara gave a nod to her and left.

"Ms. Meher please come to my cabin as I have something to talk." I said with an authoritative voice.

After 10 Minutes Meher came into my cabin.

"Just say me the truth Meher." I said in a dangerous voice.

"Yes sir." She said with fear.

"Do you know Kiara? Just yes or no!" I ask her in a slow yet demanding voice.

"Uh sir!" she contemplated.

"YES OR NO." She flinched hearing my voice. I wanted to say her not to get scared but what can I do when it comes to Kiara. I do not give a damn about people.

"Yes sir." She said in a very slow voice.

"WHAT WAS THE TRUTH KIARA WAS TALKING ABOUT? DO NOT DENY BECAUSE IT DOES NOT TAKE ME SECONDS TO FIRE YOU AND ALSO MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU TO GET A JOB ANYWHERE." I spoke in a hard tone.

"Sir please don't do like that.  I told Kiara that I will not say it to anyone." she cried shuttering.

"I.JUST. WANT. AN. ANSWER ." I roared and she started saying everything. It was nothing but what happened to her in that one month. I break into tears after knowing what Kiara faced.

"How do you know everything Meher?" I asked in a low voice.

"Because I was also there with her in that one month but I did not face that much torture she faced but they used to torture me Rohan. They used to not treat us like human beings. Because of that torture, a girl even died in front of our eyes and she was hardly 15 years. She was a very sweet and innocent girl Rohan and you know who she was. She was my sister Rohan. I saw her death in front of my own eyes. They raped her in front of us both and she could not bear that and she died." She screamed and bursted into tears.

It was the first time she called me Rohan. I tried to take her into my arms and ask her to let it out which was hiding from the past 2 years. I discovered that she acts to stay strong to support her family. She holds me as if her life depends on me and she cried very hard. I was feeling guiltiness, pain, anger.

She dozed off in my arms so I took her to my room in the office and made her sleep.

She is the strongest and most beautiful soul I have ever seen after Bhabhi.

For the next few days I was always immersed in thoughts and I used to cry in my cabin or after going home. Meher saw me crying one day and she was also the first one to see me in that broken state.

I was not talking to anyone properly and I did not even go to Abhi's office for any discussion as I know he and bhai will notice a change in me and question me like ma and Kiara do every day.

I was in my cabin and suddenly someone barged into my cabin and it was none other than Kiara.

I gave her a questioning gaze. But whenever I see her I remember all the things she went through.

"I want the reason why you are behaving like this." Kiara asked firmly.

"I will come home and talk. Go now. I am busy" I said calmly.

"No. I want the answers now itself and I know you are hiding something because you never send me away even when you are busy." She said angrily.

I could not control myself. I started crying by hugging her stomach as she was standing beside me. Kiara got stiff and asked what happened bhaiya.

I was crying continuously. Then she shouted very loudly."MR. ROHAN MEHRA I ASKED YOU THAT WHY ARE YOU CRYING."

Then only Meher came into my cabin after knocking and I wiped my tears and asked her to come in.

Kiara gave a questioning gaze to Meher and Meher nodded.

"Meher can you please excuse us?" Kiara asked.

"Yes Kia."Meher replied and left.

"I know bhaiya you know everything but please do not hold yourself responsible." Said Kiara with the grief in her voice.

I fall on my knees and started crying loudly and say "I am a failure doll. I failed to protect you."

"No bhaiya please do not say anything like this ." Kiara pleaded.

Love,
AMBER_0501