First Day Of Office

Unlike all days today I woke up super early before my alarm even rang. And that was because I was so excited to finally go to work. Being an Event Manager was always my dream. So when I got a job in Mumbai's best event managing company I worked my arse harder to be where I am now. I never knew that one day me applying for a job online will bring me to London. But here I am now! In London with a job of my dreams in one of the best companies.

It took me some while to decide what should I wear for my first day. But I finally settled on black skinny jeans with denim t-shirt. Casual yet formal. Tied my hair in high ponytail and applied some Kajal and pink Lipgloss. One look in the before I left for my breakfast. Given the food commodities I had some eggs in the fridge, a Two containers of milk and sugar, tea bags, brown bread etc. So I made my self bread & omlete and some tea to go with. This breakfast will keep me going until lunch time.

__________________________

Steve picked me up and dropped me on time. I stood in front of Rise Event Management Company which was a pretty tall building. I pushed the door open to see a reception right in front of me. "Yes ma'am. How may I help you?" The receptionist asked me politely. "I've come from India-" I said but was cut of in the middle. "Right You're." She looked through some papers on her desk. "Shanaya Arora." I nodded my head. "You are supposed to go to the third floor and from there Jennifer the receptionist will help you." She said. "Thankyou." I said making my way towards the lift on my left.

When I walked out of the lift I saw a huge room filled up with cubicles people busy on their computers. "You must be Shanaya." A tall blonde girl asked me bringing me out of my thought. "Um yes." I replied quickly. "I am Jennifer. I'll show you your desk." I followed her as she walked around many cubicles. Few people just looked at me and few smiled. I guess it was going great. "This is where you will be working." I had a cubicle just like the others but thankfully at the end and not trapped in somewhere between.
I thanked Jennifer before she left and then settled down. This was it. Back to work! I quickly took a picture of my desk and sent it to my Mom. They'll be so happy. I thought.

"Hey there!" I heard a girls voice that made me turn around. "Hello?" I said wondering who they are. "I am Aisha and this is Tarun. We are Team India or that's just what we call ourselves." She said. Wow! Finally someone from India. "Oh that's so great. Hi Tarun!" I said happily.  "So we are named Team India for some reason you see." Aisha said leaning against my table. "Of course." I said wondering what she was trying to say. "So we work during all the events. But.... When it comes to arrangements related for Indian Events we are the authorities. Me and Tarun both grew up in London so we still face some problems time to time with the traditions especially during weddings. So we needed a sort of a fresh professional from India."

"Oh my god! Does that mean I am here because of you guys?" I stood up making people around me gawk at me. "You fitted in all the fields we needed so we said why not? So yeah." Aisha said shrugging her shoulders. "Thank you so much Aishaa!" I hugged her tightly making her laugh.
"Let's get to work now?" Tarun said making us stop ranting about stuff.

_____________________________

It was my first day of work but I had so much to do already. There was a marvadi wedding coming up in next two weeks and my years of working in India made it easy for me to understand their traditions too. But now it was finally lunch time and Aisha gave me a tour around the whole company so I felt exhausted and extremely hungry.
"We have a great canteen. The food is pretty expensive but it's worth it. But sadly we don't have any Indian. Is that fine with you?" Aisha asked in the most concerned way which made me smile. Just few hours since we met and she was so kind and friendly with me. Yes she did talk a lot but it was fun listening anyway.
"Yeah I think I'll have to adjust with it." I said. "Okay! So what will you have?" Aisha asked me rubbing her hands. "I don't know. Suprise me!" She looked at me excitedly and then made her way towards the counter. I was scrolling through my Instagram news feed when Aisha put down a tray in front of me. "The best I could get you was a Chicken Wrap with some fries and soda. Hope that's fine?" She sat down. "This is perfect Aisha. How much for all this?" I took out my purse out of my bag. "Oh no no no.... This is on me." She said. "No way Aisha! Please tell me!" I begged her. It was to early for her to show generosity buy paying my bills. "It's fine seriously. Just a small welcome from my side." She said making me put down my purse. "Thanks and I owe you one."
"Of course you do." She said.
First day of having something from outside in London the food tasted bland no spice and very less salt. It wasn't surprising because my friends who visited london told me about this firstly. But the fries were amazing.
____________________________

When I reached home after a long day I just laid down on my couch before I started working on setting my things around the house. With everything settled now the place felt like home. I finally hung up my One Direction poster on my bedroom wall. It had been 5 years since I found these five amazing boys songs on YouTube. And ever since I fell in love with them as well as their music. And being in London made me feel already so close to them.
Maybe someday I'll just bump into one them on the streets! I so badly hope I do.