Chapter 42 (Imi-boo Part 01)

Please VOTE before you start. And a BIG PLEASE to the silent readers. I need your support. If not comments, then at least a vote will help me.

"Ali! No! Not anymore!" I yelled at him. "I am tired and sick of this. You say the same thing, over and over again."He looked down, unable to meet my gaze. "You never understand Ali! How many times do we have to go through this?"

He sighed and ran his hands through him hair. "I have to Amina," he said, and started walking away. Tears threatened to fall seeing him.

"Fine! Let me be... All alone! With no one! Fine! Who cares about what I have to say? No one! That's who! No one," I whined, crossing my arms over my chest. I heard a sigh and Ali walked towards me.

He kept the shirt back where he found it and looked at me. He said, "Fine! I won't buy the t-shirt. Happy?" A smile made its way onto my lips and I joined my hands together, bobbing my head up and down. "But it looks so good," he said, looking at it longingly.

"We did not create a Monster!" He huffed and walked away from the lining of baby clothes. I shook my head suppressing a laughter. Ali, as soon as we arrived to do baby shopping, picked up a shirt that read: 'Ahhhh I've created a monster'; and a smaller that read: 'Monster'.

"Oooh! Look at that!" I said pointing to a stack of baby clothing set in pink. Ali came behind me peeking in. He scrunched his nose, as if in disgust and pointed to the same set in blue. "We don't even know if it's a boy."

"And we don't know if it's a girl either," he countered back. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Fine. But we will know soon, so I think we should just buy something which would suit both a boy and a girl," I suggested.

"Fair enough," he said, grabbing some white cute shoes. His eyes darted to me and I caught him glancing between me and the clothes rack. I knew what was going on in his head. I saw him slowly grabbing the monster t-shirt and hide it under the pack of maternity clothes.

"I can see you, you know?" He whistled away, completely ignoring me. I spotted some more baby clothes as I eagerly placed them on my cart.

Walking to the counter, I saw Ali placing some baby shoes and pink head bows. "I thought we weren't buying for a girl?" I questioned him.

"Yes, but I couldn't resist," he said, holding two pairs of hair bows. I chuckled.

"Neither could I," I said, and placed some more pink clothes and blue onesies. Ali eyed me but I ignored him. I felt like a kid at a candy store, gushed with all the cuteness that surrounded me.

Ali paid the bill and just as we were about to exit, my phone started ringing. "Ami! What did the doctor say? Is anything wrong? How is the baby?" my sister Amira screamed into the phone. I pulled it away from my ears as Ali looked at me confused. I shook my head and continued to walk out of the store, Ali on my trails.

"The baby is fine. Everything is fine," I assured her. I heard an exhale on the other side of the line.

"Well, when are you coming home?" she asked.

I looked at Ali and mouthed the words, "Home?" His eyebrows relaxed as he opened the car and placed the bags inside.

"Later," he mouthed back.

"We'll get late Datha. I don't think you should wait up. It's just Imran and you."

"Okay. Then call me if anything and I mean anything OK Ami?"

I held back a laugh and nodded, "OK. Assalamu Alaikum."

"Walaikum Salam," she said, and ended the call.