Chapter 49 #NoMoreBullying

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

#NoMoreBullying :: THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO THE CAUSE. @indianwriter thank you for tagging me.

We stopped in front of a café and I was just too tired to get out. The whole day has been far too stressful and I didn't think I could move another inch. All I wanted to do was get inside my covers, snuggle with Ali and sleep away. Yesterday was the baby shopping and the visit to Sienna's/Victoria's house. Today, it was the clinic and the visit to Rahmath's. It seemed like simple tasks, yet it drained out all my energy.

Ali saw the tiredness in my face and he sighed. I quickly put on a mask and smiled through it. "Let's go?" I asked opening the door. Ali stopped me and I turned around.

Just when he opened his mouth to speak, a noise from the near distance caught out attentions. I leaned over to see what was going on. In a dark alley, corned by three to four older boys, a small blonde boy stood, tears sprawling from his eyes. I looked at Ali, silently directing him. He nodded and got out of the car.

I followed him and stood a fair distance away, but was close enough to see and hear them.

"What's going on here?" At the sound of Ali's voice, all of their heads turned in shock. The boy was much visible now. He wasn't as small as he seemed. He had on a short and a vest, despite the cold air. He clutched his hands to his chest, something hidden away in his hand.

"Nothing. Mind your own business," one of the boys said.

"Right. But it'll be the polices' business soon," Ali said taking out his phone.

The boys mumbled between them before running off. The boy looked relieved and wiped the tears off of his face. "Thank you," he said to Ali.

"No worries little man. What happened here?" Ali touched his arms and the boy flinched. Taking out a tissue from his pocket, he wiped the boy's hand and a blood stain was left behind.

"Nothing."

"Are you sure?" Ali asked eyeing him.

He looked down and shook his head beginning to tremble. I walked near and my motherly instinct told me to hug him. "They hit me... All the time. I... I don't kn- know why. Today they wanted... Wanted my money... But," he started to cry and talk between his sobs, "it was for my sister's birthday. I... I saved it and they wanted to take it. I couldn't give them. Not this time."

I hugged him harder and let go of him, kneeling down to meet his eyes. "Why do you let then treat you like that?" I asked.

"Because if I say something, they will hit me."

"Why don't you stand up for yourself? Are you going to get bullied forever? Listen kid," I said standing up, "those boys are not going to stop even if you give them your money. If you give them now, they will come back tomorrow asking for more. It will never stop unless you want to."

"What can I do?" he asked, now more composed.

Ali walked near us and said, "Talk to your parents. Or your teachers even."

"But I don't want to snitch."

"The word snitch is created just so that you will keep your mouth shut. You don't deserve to be bullied on. If snitch is a bad word, then bully is worse. You don't have to fight them back. It will create no difference between you and them. Instead, stand up for yourself and stop the bullies," I added.

The boy and hugged me. "You're a great mom," he said.

Ali smiled and asked, "What about me huh? I'm the one with the long speech." The boy laughed and hugged Ali as well, before leaving out of sight.

Ali kissed my head and whispered in my ears, "I told you- you'll be a great mom." I grinned ear to ear.

Little did I know that the smile was soon to be washed away.

Walking into the café, the bell which hung above the door, chimed, signalling our arrival. Some heads turned to us but quickly returned back to their own meals and conversations. Taking a seat in a family table, I sat opposite of Ali.

A short while after, a waitress came over to us, with judgement in her eyes. I badly wanted to tell her that we've come to bomb her diner but kept that comment to myself. "What can I get you?" she asked, once again, eyeing me and Ali, but mostly me because of my abaya.

"I'll have a coffee," Ali said. I scrunched my nose in disgust causing Ali to chuckle.

"And what about you?" she asked looking at me.

A plate of bomb please. "Hot chocolate please." She nodded and left to get our orders.

"I know what you were thinking," Ali said looking at me.

I held back a laugh with much restraint and replied, "What do you mean?"

"You wanted to tell her off for looking at you like that. You probably were gonna tell her that you've come to bomb the place or something."

I could no longer hold the laughter in. I clutched my stomach and laughed with Ali until a tear rolled out of my eyes.

"That's the only type of tear I want to see from you."

Recollecting myself, I looked at Ali. "I love you," I mouthed to him.

Holding my hand, he caressed it with his fingers. "I love you too baby."

Our orders were placed on the table and the sound of the bell chiming once again caught our attention. The lady, dressed in the same attire she wore earlier walked in. She looked around the room and I nudged Ali to stand up. Spotting him, she tensed but walked up to us.

"Assalamu Alaikum," I greeted.

"Walaikum Salam," she replied, taking a seat across me; Ali came to sat next to me. "How are you Ami-"

"Enough with the small talks. Just get to it. What do you have to do with Amina and her mother's death?" I pressed Ali on his hand, asking him to calm down, but he was right. We needed to know the truth and soon.

With a heavy sigh, the lady started to speak. "I am so sorry about the death of your mother. Only if I could've sto-"

"How did my mother die?" I asked nervously.

"My husband... He... He killed her."

Now I tag all my readers to write to the cause and hashtag your story #NoMoreBullying. Stand up to the cause. Tag me in the comment and the one I like the best will receive a dedication in this book's next chapter. It's time to start writing. Good luck!

Dun dun dun. What do you think about this chapter? Any ideas why he killed Amina's mother? Any guess on who he is?

Only one more chapter left. Then it's the epilogue and then....

That's it. No more book :(

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT.